Bank of America RC card Visa

Question, do you no longer get double Visa points for Royal Caribbean spend?

Did not get my double points on my October statement. Called BofA, said they would look into it and should hear from them this week by mail. As of yet, no change in my point balance.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a paid cruise and a water pkg and the bonus points are there, so yes

If you booked a cruise with a ta and you paid the Ta not rci, no bonus points. The charge on your statement will have the TA's name, not rci

Edited by setsail

I keep a total of BofA points on my calendar by month. I always note amounts that are redeemed and amounts that are earned.

After reading this thread, I took a quick look at my November statement and noticed that the wording under Rewards had changed. After a call to BofA, my numbers and their numbers agree and double points were earned on our November statement and are included in the total even though it's not spelled out that way.

Previously it said:

XXXXX Monthly MyCruise Points

XXXXX MyCruise Bonus Points

XXXXX Total MyCruise Points.

On the November statement it reads:

XXXXX Base Earned This Month (points earned during the billing period)

XXXXX Total Available (All Points, including those that were doubled, are included in this total)

It appears that they have changed the wording, but it's not known if this is a new format or not.

I have a paid cruise and a water pkg and the bonus points are there, so yes

If you booked a cruise with a ta and you paid the Ta not rci, no bonus points. The charge on your statement will have the TA's name, not rci

I'm not sure that's accurate, pretty sure all my TA charges have shown up with the bonus.

I keep a total of BofA points on my calendar by month. I always note amounts that are redeemed and amounts that are earned.

After reading this thread, I took a quick look at my November statement and noticed that the wording under Rewards had changed. After a call to BofA, my numbers and their numbers agree and double points were earned on our November statement and are included in the total even though it's not spelled out that way.

Previously it said:

XXXXX Total Available (All Points, including those that were doubled, are included in this total)

It appears that they have changed the wording, but it's not known if this is a new format or not.

That was my case as well. They are computing the points differently but they add up correctly.

Something else to keep an eye on every month.

I'm not sure that's accurate, pretty sure all my TA charges have shown up with the bonus.

If your TA asks for your credit card number and actually charges your payments on that card, then yes, you will earn double points.

There are some TA's that pay RCI through their company account and if your payment is included in that payment, you do not earn points at all.

Previously it said:

Thanks Patti, there is one more change. They now show when you redeem points. I checked a prior statement and the points just kinda disappeared. :confused:

Thanks, everyone. Guess I need to call BOA. I had a charge with RC for my cruise and didn't get the bonus points but 3 weeks later booked a specialty restaurant and got the bonus points.

Do points really expire, I have a note on my statement that says there may be points getting ready to expire.

Thanks, everyone. Guess I need to call BOA. I had a charge with RC for my cruise and didn't get the bonus points but 3 weeks later booked a specialty restaurant and got the bonus points.

Do points really expire, I have a note on my statement that says there may be points getting ready to expire.

Points expire 5 years after you earn them.

Question, do you no longer get double Visa points for Royal Caribbean spend?

I get triple points with my Sam's Master Card, ie, 3% cash back on all travel, hotel rooms, airfare, cruises, etc. (Oh, did I mention 5% cash back on gasoline?) BTW, cash back is combinable with all promotions and all fares with no limitations or restrictions.

I get triple points with my Sam's Master Card, ie, 3% cash back on all travel, hotel rooms, airfare, cruises, etc. (Oh, did I mention 5% cash back on gasoline?) BTW, cash back is combinable with all promotions and all fares with no limitations or restrictions.

Does the Sam's card still send you a check for the cash back, or will they credit the account directly now?

Does the Sam's card still send you a check for the cash back, or will they credit the account directly now?

You get a check. I believe in February which works very well for our cruise in March. If it didn't, we would put the cash in the cruise savings plan.

A bit of research will show anyone that the cards affiliated with cruise lines are some of the least attractive deals.

You get a check. I believe in February which works very well for our cruise in March. If it didn't, we would put the cash in the cruise savings plan.

A bit of research will show anyone that the cards affiliated with cruise lines are some of the least attractive deals.

Can you cash the check at your own bank, or do you have to cash it at Sam's?