a la carte changes already for escape?

LMaxwell

I understand that, but with folks posting things they apparently pull from the air or from somewhere else, it is confusing to many. Never said, I took their account as factual, actually I took what you and Keith Jenner said, because you both had actual experiences and that is why I asked the other poster a question (too see if I would actually get a response), but many folks are confused because of these that are just guessing or making up things (assuming just to make NCL look bad) and when they post, folks believe them.

Gotcha. I agree. A prime example is the post about The District possibly being pulled from the UBP. There was ONE SINGLE POSTER who heard this rumor from someone on the ship that heard ths rumor. That's it. No other information whatsoever from anyone anywhere, yet people are already talking about it as fact. It blows my mind. It's one thing when several people hear the same information, but when one person hears something 2nd or 3rd hand, it shouldn't even be shared. It just confuses things. Just my 2 cents.

Just to be clear, I don't have any actual experience of buying multiple apps, sides or desserts with the SDP. I was very hungover on the day I went to Cagneys (and it was the roughest sea day), so I didn't order all that much. I asked the question though, and was told there were no restrictions.

I did order multiple apps in La Cucina with the Platinum Meal and was charged for the cheapest one, so I can confirm that.

Gotcha. I agree. A prime example is the post about The District possibly being pulled from the UBP. There was ONE SINGLE POSTER who heard this rumor from someone on the ship that heard ths rumor. That's it. No other information whatsoever from anyone anywhere, yet people are already talking about it as fact. It blows my mind. It's one thing when several people hear the same information, but when one person hears something 2nd or 3rd hand, it shouldn't even be shared. It just confuses things. Just my 2 cents.

I'm personally hoping someone on the ship now can get answers about margaritaville, whether certain restaurants go back to price fixed, and possible venues being excluded from UBP. All directly impact the enjoyment of my vacation.

But a number of the changes this year were almost ALL reported here by one person first...

NCL communications is just plain not good. They have the ability to set things straight, yes this is this, no this is that, etc. But they choose not to do so.

Not confused, read the post and it said SDP. See below:

Quote:

Originally Posted by BirdTravels View Post

So I am on the Escape right now and you are WRONG. SDP provides a single app, entree, dessert. Not like the old UDP.

In fact, if you choose inexpensive items, the SDP can cost more than buying a la carte.

I can understand from this post why you would think that. It had already been stated that this was posted yesterday at 1:30pm. The specialty restaurants weren't open for dinner, so the UDP or SDP would not have been in play at that point in time. Not sure where BirdTravels got their information onboard, but it was definitely hours before any of those restaurants would have even been open. The Escape at the time was actually 3 hours before embarkation.

There are 4,000+ people on her now. I am sure we will get a great deal more intel tonite and in the coming days. I certainly am looking forward to my cruise a week from Saturday.

Edited by kismet618

I spoke to NCL today about Margaretville , they have not made any changes, they are not making this a cover charge or ala cart restaurant, at this time. NCL said the information that has been going around is in correct.. They said the boat just started sailing and its going to take some time to work things out. If they make changes they will email each person that has booked a cruise on the Escape.

Just to be clear, I don't have any actual experience of buying multiple apps, sides or desserts with the SDP. I was very hungover on the day I went to Cagneys (and it was the roughest sea day), so I didn't order all that much. I asked the question though, and was told there were no restrictions.

I did order multiple apps in La Cucina with the Platinum Meal and was charged for the cheapest one, so I can confirm that.

That damned Howl at the Moon ruining a good Cagney's dinner...

If they make changes they will email each person that has booked a cruise on the Escape.

I don't believe it. And if I'm wrong and they do.....say what?

"I'm sorry, but the cruise you booked on your Escape sailing that was advertised as having XYZ Restaurant a complimentary restaurant will no longer be a complementary restaurant when you sail. Sorry!"

And they're going to send this e-mail to EVERY person that is affected on their Escape sailing? I highly doubt it. LOL

Harriet

I spoke to NCL today about Margaretville , they have not made any changes, they are not making this a cover charge or ala cart restaurant, at this time. NCL said the information that has been going around is in correct.. They said the boat just started sailing and its going to take some time to work things out. If they make changes they will email each person that has booked a cruise on the Escape.

So to put another way: "We're not changing anything but if we do happen to change it we promise to tell everyone in writing."

Heh.

So to put another way: "We're not changing anything but if we do happen to change it we promise to tell everyone in writing."

Heh.

Yeah, I can't foresee NCL emailing every person who is booked on the Escape about dining changes, if they happen lol.

To my understanding, The UDP and SDP are identical in benefit, the only difference being that UDP is good for the entire cruise whereas the SDP is new name for a new arrangement by the number of days and not for the whole cruise.
As I understand, the difference is days versus meals. If you were to eat dinner at Cagney's at 8:00pm and dessert at 10:00 at LeBistro, under the UDP it is considered as one day and under the SDP, it is considered two meals. Edited by NLH Arizona

I understand that, but with folks posting things they apparently pull from the air or from somewhere else, it is confusing to many. Never said, I took their account as factual, actually I took what you and Keith Jenner said, because you both had actual experiences and that is why I asked the other poster a question (too see if I would actually get a response), but many folks are confused because of these that are just guessing or making up things (assuming just to make NCL look bad) and when they post, folks believe them.

BirdTravels is very pro-NCL, so I highly doubt he posted to make NCL look bad.

He likely was given the wrong information onboard and has shared it.

I'm personally hoping someone on the ship now can get answers about margaritaville, whether certain restaurants go back to price fixed, and possible venues being excluded from UBP.

I will see if I have any better luck asking the question about any locations becoming exempt from UBP. Jose C is usually open to discussion. We'll see.

But . . . I can say firsthand that I really don't care what they choose to do with Margaritaville, as that is one goobered-up hot mess. Sheesh!!

2:50 today there is an announced wait time of "at least 90 minutes" yet about 40% of all tables (not including those across the jog track) are completely empty. Everyone approaching the podium is asking the same questions repeatedly. Why a wait if so many open tables? Why are you not paging those who have the devices to come now?

I asked how many paging devices are currently issued for waiting, and was told it was none of my business.

Another guest asked if they could even operate at full capacity, and she got scolded as well. "We determine our policy. Not the passengers."

Well now . . .

These cheeseburgers are definitely not being served in Paradise.

I will see if I have any better luck asking the question about any locations becoming exempt from UBP. Jose C is usually open to discussion. We'll see.

But . . . I can say firsthand that I really don't care what they choose to do with Margaritaville, as that is one goobered-up hot mess. Sheesh!!

2:50 today there is an announced wait time of "at least 90 minutes" yet about 40% of all tables (not including those across the jog track) are completely empty. Everyone approaching the podium is asking the same questions repeatedly. Why a wait if so many open tables? Why are you not paging those who have the devices to come now?

I asked how many paging devices are currently issued for waiting, and was told it was none of my business.

Another guest asked if they could even operate at full capacity, and she got scolded as well. "We determine our policy. Not the passengers."

Well now . . .

Well that crew doesn't sound happy..

Well now . . .

Wow, what a shame! The last day we were told it would be an hour and I counted 6 empty tables, and thought that was bad!

How rude. Hope it improves!

Everyone approaching the podium is asking the same questions repeatedly. Why a wait if so many open tables? Why are you not paging those who have the devices to come now?

When I go to a land restaurant, the thing that ticks me off the most is that they have empty tables, when people are waiting. I know land restaurants say it is because they are helping the kitchen out by not sitting everyone at once, but my feeling is that the kitchen should work at 100% efficiently when the restaurant is full and better than 100% when not full.

Did anyone get an answer? Did anyone go to the Hotel Director or Dining Manager to ask the question.

When I go to a land restaurant, the thing that ticks me off the most is that they have empty tables, when people are waiting. I know land restaurants say it is because they are helping the kitchen out by not sitting everyone at once, but my feeling is that the kitchen should work at 100% efficiently when the restaurant is full and better than 100% when not full.

Did anyone get an answer? Did anyone go to the Hotel Director or Dining Manager to ask the question.

And land restaurant that take reservations also keep some tables open for "walk-ins". However in this case if no reservations are taken then there should be no reason for open tables . Hopefully they figure it our and get their act together after a few sailings.

I know land restaurants say it is because they are helping the kitchen out by not sitting everyone at once, but my feeling is that the kitchen should work at 100% efficiently when the restaurant is full and better than 100% when not full.

They can handle a full restaurant, but they can't handle all orders coming at once. Most restaurants just don't have the kitchen capacity for a full on crush at once.

This seems to be an issue with timing as well; perhaps longer operating hours would alleviate a lunch time crush on the venue giving people a bigger window to try it out.

They can handle a full restaurant, but they can't handle all orders coming at once. Most restaurants just don't have the kitchen capacity for a full on crush at once.

This seems to be an issue with timing as well; perhaps longer operating hours would alleviate a lunch time crush on the venue giving people a bigger window to try it out.

My solution would be to only have the number of tables that the kitchen can handle at one time (that way passengers wouldn't see empty tables, that infuriates them), as well as your suggestion for longer operating hours. Now, if only we ran the company, this problem would be solved.:)

This makes the most sense to me. Perhaps even if there was a charge for evening hours. If I had a say... 7-10 breakfast, 11-3 lunch, 5-9 dinner with surcharge

Well that crew doesn't sound happy..

Woo, this is a brand new ship, with the best of the best crew coming from the rest of the fleet to launch the inaugural & stay on for a while ... no :confused:

And, the crews are trying hard to stay sober these days, even while off-duty and on shore leave, drinking the Koo-aid only. :eek:

For those that're on the BA/GA inaugural, how does this compare ??

I would let the hotel manager know about this. From what I understand the Margaritaville kitchen is unable to keep up with the orders coming in. I waited over 30 mins for a table. There where dozens of empty tables. I was able to get a table right before closing time.

Edited by mrparkland