a la carte changes already for escape?

LMaxwell

Have read today on here the Margaritaville is switching to a la carte with first 7 day sailing thought it says complimentary on the NCL site still. . But also read here that Cagneys, LA Cucina and Le Bistro are reverting back to fixed cover charge and going away from a la carte pricing.

Does anyone have information on either of these news bits?

Edited by LMaxwell

I just asked on that thread where he heard that Margaritaville was going to charge starting the 14th... hoping he answers. I truly didn't care about the other new charges that NCL has come out with but this one will really be a bummer since I was looking forward to a cool INCLUDED place to eat that's outdoor.

I don't have any inside info, but pretty well everyone I spoke to about Margaritaville when onboard agreed that it won't be long before they do start charging.

I wasn't expecting it to happen quite this quickly, but if true then it doesn't surprise me.

That really is not great news about Margaritaville. I wont change my cruise because Margaritaville goes ala carte/charges for food, but I will definitely not be going there and paying Margaritaville prices for that kind of food!

I wish they had just put a Flamingo Grill on there, like Getaway. That place really does look appealing, and I have heard some great reviews of the food there.

Will wait and see, but if they charge for food there, I wont bite!

I would be surprised because they only serve breakfast and lunch.

But then again they do charge for fish tacos at lunch in other venues. And Royal Caribbean has managed to rip off...I mean charge for Johnny Rockets for years (a venue that serves grilled cheese and hot dogs. USED to be complimentary)

I guess we will have to wait and see.

More and more inclined to cash out my OBC on Escape though and use it to pay for port parking

I got off the Escape yesterday - according to the staff at Margaritaville starting w/ the first 7 night cruise it will be a $4.95pp cover charge and all food included. The food was very good and service excellent.

I did not hear any rumblings of the other venues going back to fixed pricing. We ate at most of the specialities and none had any surcharges for any items if you were on a dining plan.

I got off the Escape yesterday - according to the staff at Margaritaville starting w/ the first 7 night cruise it will be a $4.95pp cover charge and all food included. The food was very good and service excellent.

I did not hear any rumblings of the other venues going back to fixed pricing. We ate at most of the specialities and none had any surcharges for any items if you were on a dining plan.

Oh, so it's NCL's version of Royal's Johnny Rockets. Okay - Wonder, if it's open for dinner if it goes that way?

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

Edited by maywell

I have defended the way NCL has been changing & increasing as of late. However, this would really be a dumb move. Now your pissing off everyone sitting outside and wants to grab a quick serve lunch. Especially since this was an included venue. As this now limits a quick free lunch to the buffet.

Oh, so it's NCL's version of Royal's Johnny Rockets. Okay - Wonder, if it's open for dinner if it goes that way?

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

Johnny Rockets was free for many years.

And on the ships that serve breakfast at JR's there is no charge for that meal.

But you do open up the possibility for it being a dinner venue too. Not sure I'd pass up the MDR to pay for a cheeseburger, but it could create a new option for some.

Just another disappointment from NCL if this turns out to be true.

I've watched a lot of NCL cruisers complain of changes since we booked our first NCL cruise 8 months ago. For the most part the changes seemed trivial. The Jimmy Buffet "theme" was a huge draw for us. Margaritaville was advertised as complimentary dining. Sitting on deck with a cheeseburger-in-paradise sounded like, well, paradise. This is a HUGE takeaway for us. I would accept free breakfast/lunch, changing over to a fee-based meal at night. But come on, no top deck complimentary grill? Would not be happy.

Edited by Sunshine2U

I've read a few reviews that stated that there were 30-90 minute waits to get into Margaritaville. Wonder if that is the reason for this new charge? Perhaps it's more popular than they anticipated and so they are trying to cut back on some of the crowds by charging a small fee?

Understandable, but disappointing all the same.

I've read a few reviews that stated that there were 30-90 minute waits to get into Margaritaville. Wonder if that is the reason for this new charge? Perhaps it's more popular than they anticipated and so they are trying to cut back on some of the crowds by charging a small fee?

Understandable, but disappointing all the same.

I can't talk for the short cruises (didn't go to Margaritaville then and those cruises aren't representative anyway), but on the TA there were long waits on the last three days.

However, for the first seven it was very quiet there as the weather wasn't good. We only had three good days so everyone was trying to fit in the open air bits into those few days. That includes Margaritaville.

Basically, there was nothing about any of the cruises which I think will have caused any change of plan.

When we were sitting up there with the wind howling around us, and nachos flying off people plates, we were looking at the menus (hanging on tight to them) and all commenting that the restaurant would be really popular when the weather was good. We were all of the opinion then that it wouldn't be long before they start charging.

I really don't think anything has happened in the past couple of weeks to change NCLs plans. If they really are charging soon then I suspect they have been planning it for a while

Has this actually been confirmed anyway?

Has anyone received any official notification about this? We are sailing in a few months, and I haven't received any emails about this.

Respectfully, but as far as I know NCL never sends out emails when they change something from "included" to "a la carte".

For one thing, it would be a lot of emails.