Neptune Suites refresh/remodel

frankc98376

Release in sticky about Neptune Suite refresh says that Nieuw Amsterdam, Westerdam, Zuiderdam and Noordam will all be done in 2016.

Wondering if this will mean a dry dock for them or if they will close off sections and remodel during normal operation. Hoping it's true- would be nice to see on our Westerdam cruise next October.

Edited by frankc98376

I asked a similar question a few days ago (specifically relating to Zuiderdam) because I couldn't see any suitable breaks in the schedules to accomplish any upgrades like what is planned. I didn't get any responses so I'm still curious for any info on that as well.

I think it was a typo (should have been 2017) or a misstatement. I had already checked on the Nieuw Amsterdam and it's not scheduled for dry dock until spring 2017 as it had one not that long ago. The Oo'dam's 2016 dry dock is correct as listed. I haven't checked on the others as they are not contenders for our 2017 business. The Z'dam did have a major dry dock in 2014 which would make 2017 more likely for it as well.

Edited by blizzardboy

I see none scheduled for 2016 except Oosterdam. Hence I'm wondering if they will upgrade the suites in groups during normal operation since a lot of the upgrade is soft goods. I know they did a lot of the work on the deck 10 staterooms on Zuiderdam after the dry dock during scheduled trips.

Edited by frankc98376

I see none scheduled for 2016 except Oosterdam. Hence I'm wondering if they will upgrade the suites in groups during normal operation since a lot of the upgrade is soft goods. I know they did a lot of the work on the deck 10 staterooms on Zuiderdam after the dry dock during scheduled trips.

I had thought that might be the case too, but that would be a lot of lost suite revenue and they're alo heavily re-doing the bathrooms and that would obviously not be soft goods...

Will be interesting to see what the plan ends up being

Release in sticky about Neptune Suite refresh says that Nieuw Amsterdam, Westerdam, Zuiderdam and Noordam will all be done in 2016.

Wondering if this will mean a dry dock for them or if they will close off sections and remodel during normal operation. Hoping it's true- would be nice to see on our Westerdam cruise next October.

According to last week's Q&A session with Captain Rens van Eerten, no projects are scheduled for the Westerdam until she goes into dry dock at Palermo in spring 2017.

HAL's website isn't very clear as to when all the refurbishments will take place.

http://www.hollandamerica.com/cruise-vacation-onboard/Staterooms.action?tabName=SuiteLifeEvenSweeter&WT.ac=footer_SuiteLife

Under their news releases, they mention the dates for Eurodam and Oosterdam, but nothing specific after that, just that the suite updates will take place during regularly scheduled dry docks over the next few years. (Eurodam in December 2015, and Oosterdam in April, 2016).

I'm actually glad they aren't going to mess with Westerdam until 2017, because that's when they add those new cabins near the Crow's Nest, and all that glorious forward open deck space on the Observation deck (deck 10) will be gone.

HAL's website isn't very clear as to when all the refurbishments will take place.

http://www.hollandamerica.com/cruise-vacation-onboard/Staterooms.action?tabName=SuiteLifeEvenSweeter&WT.ac=footer_SuiteLife

Under their news releases, they mention the dates for Eurodam and Oosterdam, but nothing specific after that, just that the suite updates will take place during regularly scheduled dry docks over the next few years. (Eurodam in December 2015, and Oosterdam in April, 2016).

I'm actually glad they aren't going to mess with Westerdam until 2017, because that's when they add those new cabins near the Crow's Nest, and all that glorious forward open deck space on the Observation deck (deck 10) will be gone.

As drydocks are every 2-3 years, 2017 seems like a logical year that they would all be completed by. Any ships that had their dry dock in 2015 already would likely have their next in 2017. Those that didn't will probably be next year

That Westerdam still has the lovely open covered seating areas on Deck 10 outside Crow's Nest is the reason it's my favorite of the Compass ships, as well as the Euro class above it...and the main pool is blessedly free of cabanas as well. Having just gotten off Westie too, it doesn't really look to need any appreciable refurb other than touch up paint here and there - she looked great. I dread the drydock that will ruin deck 10 like all the others...but what can you do but roll with the punches. Our Neptune suite looked to be in great shape and didn't really need any updating - the coffee maker can just be added easily as well as any service enhancements.

We board Oosterdam in the very near future, and it would sure be nice to have the Bose sound system already installed. Hopefully they'll start the easy stuff soon!! Wouldn't turn down the mimosas with our breakfast room service, either.