Navigator of the Seas - power outage at terminal or on the ship?

cruisinrg

My son is a the terminal in Ft. Lauderdale waiting to board the Navigator, there is a huge line at the curb and they are saying something about a power outage. Does anyone know if it's in the terminal or on the ship and what's happening????

I'm on navigator now. However power went out right before we boarded. First scanners went down then all power went out..

They are manually checking all carry ons. . And pat downs. .I really feel bad they are all out there waiting.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Forums mobile app

We got in at 830 am. . Watched ship pull into port from the beach and headed over at 11:15. They called our line to get on and when we were about 10 people from front they stopped due to scanner issue. Then they had us sit down. We got on board at 1 pm...

Obviously electric on ship does not rely on port electricity. so we are good on board.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Forums mobile app

This same type of thing happened on the Freedom 2-day sailing from PC-- took us 2 hours to get into the building (lines were wrapped around both sides!). Once we got in the building it was like another hour. Ship was fine, we were told it had to do with the scanners. Different ships, different ports, same kind of scanners??

I was on the 11/10 sailing on NOS. Their was a power outage at the port. We waited on line for 3hrs. Some people waited over 5hrs. They hand searched the bags and patted people down so they could start getting people on board. Not RCCL fault. But getting off was just as bad. We left our cabin at 8am and was finally in our car by noon. Bad start bad finish. But the in between was fun.

Irene

My husband and I were in the terminal for 5 hrs. before boarding NOS. We also spent 4 hrs getting off it and had to get a taxi back to our car that was at a different terminal. This whole trip was a nightmare, dirty ship, rude staff, clueless Captain, bad food and hundreds of angry guests. We are Diamond members and were treated very poorly.:mad:

Edited by green snakes

My husband and I were in the terminal for 5 hrs. before boarding NOS. We also spent 4 hrs getting off it and had to get a taxi back to our car that was at a different terminal. This whole trip was a nightmare, dirty ship, rude staff, clueless Captain, bad food and hundreds of angry guests. We are Diamond members and were treated very poorly.:mad:

Clueless Captain!

I was going to rip into that one, but they're Diamond so they must be right. :rolleyes:
YUP! No electricity at dock it would have been Dockside because they aren't allowed to run ships generators in US due to burning bunker oil which is very polluting. They get big $$$$ tickets for it.

YUP! No electricity at dock it would have been Dockside because they aren't allowed to run ships generators in US due to burning bunker oil which is very polluting. They get big $$$$ tickets for it.

Huh? What do you think keeps the lights running on the ship while at the dock? An extension cord? That only happens in California. The ship's generators are running all the time. And no ship can burn residual fuel (bunker) within 200 miles of the US coast (without a scrubber, and with a scrubber they can burn residual fuel at the dock), so all the ship's generators will be burning diesel fuel at the dock.

When the earthquake blacked out Oahu back in 2008, we ran power to some portable subpanels we had and powered the computers at the Aloha towers terminal.