No 18% gratuity/service charge on $15 wine corkage fees - right?

marciemi

Trying trying to make sure! DH & I will have the UBP but bringing 2 adult children and trying to do the math and figure out if it's a better deal to bring bottles of wine for them at dinner (paying of course the cost of the wine at home and the $15 corkage fee per bottle) or buying them on the ship (with a 20% discount with the UBP but then paying 18% service charge). Just want to make sure I'm comparing the same things and that there's not an additional 18% added on if the wine is consumed in a dining location or something like that. (No, I'm not trying to give NCL any ideas!). :rolleyes: Thanks!

Pssss, keep it quiet. Don't give the bean counters idea. Just a matter of time, "they" will catch on at some point, sooner but hopefully later. Then, we get another first world "problem" to openly discuss over :D

We aren't drinkers so the "stance" is neutral but doesn't mean we will rejoice with raising the fees, not at all.

We found Chilean wine really cheap in Florida what I would pay £10-£15 ($15 - $22.50) we found for $6-$9 plus corkage was a no brainer.

This January we are on a 2 week B2B with UBP with no gratuity so weeeeeeee.

We would have paid for it, it's worth nearly $2k for both of us for the 2 weeks.

On Royal last year I just opened the bottle in my room and brought the glass with me. Tacky? Perhaps a bit but I own it.

On NCL you pay the corkage when you board and they scan your bags to make sure you haven't packed any alcohol in your case. I doesn't matter if you drink it in your cabin or in the dining room, it's still $15/bottle.

On NCL you pay the corkage when you board and they scan your bags to make sure you haven't packed any alcohol in your case. I doesn't matter if you drink it in your cabin or in the dining room, it's still $15/bottle.

Wow! Good to know. I won't pay an $18 fee for my $10 wine lol.