Island Princess

soccergang

I know that they don't have the International Cafe on the Island, but I was told there was something called La Patisserie. However, I don't see it anywhere on the deck plans. Is there any option for getting coffee, other than the dining rooms?

I know that they don't have the International Cafe on the Island, but I was told there was something called La Patisserie. However, I don't see it anywhere on the deck plans. Is there any option for getting coffee, other than the dining rooms?

La Patisserie is right in the Atrium on deck 5 and is the place to get specialty coffees and teas. The only place I am aware of. I tried a link, but it won't post here. Go to the Princess website and look at deck plans deck 5.

I was writing about specialty coffees--expresso, lattes, etc. On many ships, there is something called the International Cafe that is open 24/7 and offers coffees, pastries, and sandwiches. Regular coffee is available at all dining rooms--it just isn't the fresh brewed that we usually have at the IC.

On Island Princess, as well as most all the other ships that do have an IC, all the premium and specialty coffees are also available from the bar outside the Horizon Court (Lido Bar on Coral and Island, Calypso Bar on the Grand-class ships). The beverage servers in the IC will happily fetch one for you. I shake my head at the number of posts that are made kvetching about having to carry one's morning latte on the elevator ride from Deck 5 to Deck 14 or 15 every morning as if the IC is the only venue on the ship the coffee card can be used at.

Edited by fishywood

Specialty coffees are also available in the buffet area ... it is back by the desserts .... I think port side, if I remember correctly.

Wait staff will offer to get it for you. I politely decline as they go with several orders and have to wait. When I go by myself, my order is usually prepared before those of the wait staff.