Oasis of the Seas ~ October 31, 2015 ~ Pictorial Review!

DarthGrady

One last thing, the Majesty was next to us in Nassau. One of the former largest-ship title holders next to the current one. I'll be happy to welcome her to Port Canaveral next year. I had many great cruises on her sister, the Monarch. So I'm looking forward to many more on the Majesty.

That does it folks, thanks for following along! I'll be happy to field any questions.

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Eydnjthgqubwsnrcgu9669%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D3%3B955%3A4%3A33326nu0mrj

Grady,

thanks for the review and all the great pictures. Our cruise on Oasis back in January was originally an end boardwalk balcony but I got lazy and moved us up by the elevators. Nice to see the view we missed out on. Kind of glad we moved, Marie likes her afternoon naps too.

I'll be on Oasis for the 4th time in February. Two of my previous cruises were with my live-in family of four. Due to my son-in-law being wheelchair bound, we had connecting ocean balcony cabins both trips, (one accessible), located near the forward elevators. At 76, I found it a long walk to the dining room, aqua theater, and activities on the pool deck.

On my other cruise, I shared an interior room with my younger daughter, and it was even farther forward, at the end of the hall. When I booked our February 2016 cruise (just the two of us), I purposely chose a cabin near the aft elevators. I was prepared to get another Interior, but they offered me a Central Park balcony at the same price (counting $300 OBC). I look forward to walking shorter distances to the variety of food venues, up to watch people on the flowrider, playing miniature golf, the Boardwalk, and the aqua show. Yes, I'll need to walk farther to the Opal Theatre and Jazz on Four, but I think it will be a good choice. I'm really looking forward to the experience of the balcony overlooking Central Park, and waking up to daylight (instead of the 24-hour darkness of our Interior Cabin).

Thanks for the great review. I was on the cruise with you and I believe our paths probably crossed in the Diamond Lounge and 150 Central Park. And perhaps your zipline adventure. I was in Dazzles that morning in class (Continuing Legal Education) and had a great view of all those doing the zipline. I think you are also on one of my Brilliance B2B in January. One of these days I hope we will meet.

I agree with you regarding the crew's response to the man overboard. Royal did all they could.

Grady,

thanks for the review and all the great pictures. Our cruise on Oasis back in January was originally an end boardwalk balcony but I got lazy and moved us up by the elevators. Nice to see the view we missed out on. Kind of glad we moved, Marie likes her afternoon naps too.

We will be in the second cabin from the elevator end of the Boardwalk on the Harmony next December, on Deck 12. Can you tell me how far down the Boardwalk we will be able to see? Proximity to the elevators was our priority, but I am still curious about the breeze, shade, sound, and view from that distance. We won't be making any changes that would cause repricing, as the cost of that cabin was $605 pp (plus taxes/port fees/insurance).

Thanks for the great review. I was on the cruise with you and I believe our paths probably crossed in the Diamond Lounge and 150 Central Park. And perhaps your zipline adventure. I was in Dazzles that morning in class (Continuing Legal Education) and had a great view of all those doing the zipline. I think you are also on one of my Brilliance B2B in January. One of these days I hope we will meet.

I agree with you regarding the crew's response to the man overboard. Royal did all they could.

Yes, we're on the 1/21 cruise with a group of friends. If you make it into the CL, we're always up at the bar after the early dinner folks take off. If not, we'll be at the rotating bar once the nightclub gets going.

I'm guessing we'll all organize an unofficial m&m for that one, usually up at the Sky Bar before or after the muster drill.

Grady....great review and photos! I did like your Halloween costume last year better, though! That was a FUN cruise! John and I fly to TPA Friday to go on Vision. Looks like you'll be getting on Brilliance when I get off in January. I'm solo on Brilliance 1/16, then Vision 1/21 and then Freedom 1/31. We'll meet up again on another cruise! Hi to Beth!:)

Grady....great review and photos! I did like your Halloween costume last year better, though! That was a FUN cruise! John and I fly to TPA Friday to go on Vision. Looks like you'll be getting on Brilliance when I get off in January. I'm solo on Brilliance 1/16, then Vision 1/21 and then Freedom 1/31. We'll meet up again on another cruise! Hi to Beth!:)

Thanks very much! Have fun in January!

Thanks for all the pics...reliving memories of our time on Oasis. There doesn't seem to be the throngs of people that we encountered on our cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Believe me, the ship was packed. I just try to time my picture taking to show the ship and not the throngs.

Great review. Thanks. I may never get on the Oasis but at least I can live vicariously through others.

Great review!! Looking forward to sailing on her next week! Thanks for posting!

Great review. Will send the link to our kids because we NEVER take a camera, lol

Thanks for the positives comments folks!

Hope you enjoy it Cricket63!

Never been on the Oasis or Allure, but it's on the bucket list. Of all these little eateries - are any of them included in your cruise fare or is everything a la carte?

Thanks!

To the OP: Love your photos. I was too busy running around taking everything in to take many photos. I did find the cabin (outside balcony, Deck 7) unbelievably small. But loved the ship.

There are several small venues that are free, Sorrento's (pizza) and the Promenade Cafe (although there is a mall charge for the specialty coffees), for example.

Edited by sailaway2010

To the OP: Love your photos. I was too busy running around taking everything in to take many photos. I did find the cabin (outside balcony, Deck 7) unbelievably small. But loved the ship.

There are several small venues that are free, Sorrento's (pizza) and the Promenade Cafe (although there is a mall charge for the specialty coffees), for example.

Thank you!