Harmony vs. Escape

Lily815

Just came from a short, 3-night cruise on the Escape. It was rumored the ship was sold out. It was very crowded, with lines and long wait times (at times) for food, drinks, etc. My question is, how do the Oasis class ships deal with large numbers of people? Are there problems with service, wait times, etc.? I'm just wondering if this is to be expected with a large ship like this? We have the Harmony booked for early 2017. Thanks!

Just came from a short, 3-night cruise on the Escape. It was rumored the ship was sold out. It was very crowded, with lines and long wait times (at times) for food, drinks, etc. My question is, how do the Oasis class ships deal with large numbers of people? Are there problems with service, wait times, etc.? I'm just wondering if this is to be expected with a large ship like this? We have the Harmony booked for early 2017. Thanks!
in early 2017 and expect the same crowds on her as I have seen 4 times on Oasis and 6 times on Allure.........very few .....enjoy Harmony!....K.O....:)

Well Escape is brand new, and it was a sampler cruise, so people were probably rushing to try everything. The Oasis Class is much bigger with more public space per person than the Breakaway Plus class, so that would help as well.

I just wanted to add onto this comment that I was just on the two night Allure cruise and, although I kept away from many of the crowded areas, several posters commented on the crowds and long lines on Allure. I don't think the sampler cruises are really indicative of what a regular 7 night cruise would be and the comparison is flawed.

I assume the 2017 cruise is a "normal" cruise, and, if that's the case, should have the normal Oasis class traffic flows.

Key words.... sampler cruise and new ship. They have been known to not be an accurate read on any ship.

I have not been on Escape, but have done Oasis twice and Allure twice. Pretty full if not completely full each time. Oasis class has a great way of spreading crowds around so you don't really feel much of it. Only when they have a special event like 70's night in the Promenade, when most the passengers head there, do you really feel much of a crowd. But they put eating areas forward, midships, and at the stern. So at meal time the passengers go in enough different directions to keep crowds fairly manageable. Now the Windjammer is a different story, but for example, you can have breakfast at the Windjammer, Wipeout Cafe, Main Dining Room, Coastal Kitchen (suites only), Park Cafe. so lot's of options. Same with places to go. From the flowriders in the stern to the Solarium pool in the bow, there are activity areas the length of the ship. I found it remarkable that you could be on a ship of 6000 passengers and just never feel that crowded, or no more than any other ship, and less crowded than some.

I´ve been on the Escape and I know both Allure and Oasis pretty well. As papaflamingo stated the Oasis class ships have a great way to spread crowds. The passenger flow is really amazing. The neighborhoods work pretty well.

Of course you will find crowded situations like for the parades or when everyone wants to exit the theater. And of course there might be line at guest services... Some lines are even easy to avoid. Especially in the Windjammer - I´ve never had any lines there as I´m getting up early and eat before the peak time has arrived. And there are many other places to eat too.

While the Escape has a more traditional ship layout the Oasis class is completely different with those neighborhoods (Boardwalk, Central Park, Royal Promenade...). And you have 4 different pools plus the Solarium. Lots of sunbeds too.

steamboats

I agree with other posters. Escape just came out and besides the TA (which included 7 or 8 nights of people doing nothing but ship things,) it was only done short sampler sailings. I believe this is why the ship is not getting that great of reviews, running out of things, long lines, etc.

People are rushing to get everything in during their short amount of time onboard.

Wait until the ship has a few weeks/months of it's regular 7-night Eastern sailings to see what it's really like. They will then have their routine down, passengers will have the whole week to see the ship and they will be off a good bit as well.

As with all ships, they feel crowded during busy times. Oasis class can feel crowded in the elevators during dinner time, as well as the promenade when there are things going on.

Edited by cot427