Mco to Port Canaveral - Transfer and Lodging Thoughts and Suggestions?

CookieDiva

Mods-if this does not belong here, please feel free to move to the right board.

We are 2 couples flying into Orlando on a Saturday for a Sunday departure for a 7 night cruise. It's our first ever cruise so we'd like to board as soon as it's allowed. [emoji16]

What transfer recommendations would you suggest?

Stay in Orlando and rent a car for one day/one way to get to PC on Sunday morning? And do the same in reverse (without the hotel stay) on the debarkation day?

Stay in Orlando and take a transfer company to PC? Can this even be done since we probably wouldn't be staying at the airport?

Rent a car one day/one way to go to PC on Saturday, stay in a hotel that has a shuttle to the port, and do a one day/one way car rental back to MCO?

Rent a car for the 8 days on Saturday, go to PO, stay at a hotel that has parking for cruisers?

Or another suggestion that I haven't considered?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

In your situation, we would do a one-way rental from the airport to a hotel in Cocoa Beach. You might need a minivan depending on how may bags you have. This would give you the flexibility to go to dinner where you want, shop for wine or any last minute items, etc. On the day of the cruise, I would drop off luggage (and any passengers who want) at the terminal, return the car to the rental agency, and take their free shuttle back to the cruise terminal.

I would book a shuttle for the way back to the airport. Something like Cortrans, Cocoa Beach Shuttle, or Travelynx.

Edited by clarea

I've flown into MCO a day ahead of time - stayed at Cocoa Beach.

From CC message board I heard of goportcaneveral dot com that offered travel to Cocoa Beach - a night's stay at Palms International on the beach - p/u the next day to take me to the ship - then p/u from the ship back to MCO when the cruise was over.

Total cost transportation and room for the night = $139.00

Would go this route again if sailing out of this port.

In your situation, we would do a one-way rental from the airport to a hotel in Cocoa Beach. You might need a minivan depending on how may bags you have. This would give you the flexibility to go to dinner where you want, shop for wine or any last minute items, etc. On the day of the cruise, I would drop off luggage (and any passengers who want) at the terminal, return the car to the rental agency, and take their free shuttle back to the cruise terminal.

I would book a shuttle for the way back to the airport. Something like Cortrans, Cocoa Beach Shuttle, or Travelynx.

I agree with Clarea, before living in the Tampa area we would fly to Orlando, rent a car and it was great. The morning of the cruise, we would drop the luggage at the port then take the car back. Avis is about 2 miles from the port and has a shuttle. We are Marriott people and have stayed by the port (Residence Inn) and in Cocoa Beach (Courtyard) both were great............

Mods-if this does not belong here, please feel free to move to the right board.

We are 2 couples flying into Orlando on a Saturday for a Sunday departure for a 7 night cruise. It's our first ever cruise so we'd like to board as soon as it's allowed. [emoji16]

What transfer recommendations would you suggest?

Stay in Orlando and rent a car for one day/one way to get to PC on Sunday morning? And do the same in reverse (without the hotel stay) on the debarkation day?

Stay in Orlando and take a transfer company to PC? Can this even be done since we probably wouldn't be staying at the airport?

Rent a car one day/one way to go to PC on Saturday, stay in a hotel that has a shuttle to the port, and do a one day/one way car rental back to MCO?

Rent a car for the 8 days on Saturday, go to PO, stay at a hotel that has parking for cruisers?

Or another suggestion that I haven't considered?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

The whole rent a car thing to me just sounds like a lot of needless steps. I live in the local port area and I am extremely familiar with the landscape. IF I were you, I would contact Alexis Shuttle, 888-295-7969. I can vouch for the fact they offer the most affordable rates and can be trusted. I have found the rates of the "other" shuttles mentioned in this thread to be outrageous.

We have always rented a town car and for the three of us from MCO to the Raddisson at port we always have paid $100 which included tip.

They were waiting for us at the bottom of the escalator with our name on a sign.

Grabbed luggage and off we went.

For us it was great.

Enjoy

We have always rented a town car and for the three of us from MCO to the Raddisson at port we always have paid $100 which included tip.

Forgive my ignorance but is this $100 plus tip per person?

Edited by CookieDiva