UPDATE: Effective 1-February 2016, missing cruises must be claimed within 1 year

Zimomiller

Saw this little tag added to the bottom of our edocs for our upcoming cruise.

Better check your latitudes account regularly people. NCL's position now appears to be if you try to claim Latitudes credit more than 12 months after the end of your cruise, tough

Anyone else notice this? If there are prior threads I did not find any on search.

NCL does not want to give Latitudes credit for prior cruises when they screw up and do not credit our account so they are trying to shift the responsibility to us. Nice.

Edited by Zimomiller

Who else would be responsible for checking your account to make sure it's correct? We always check in about a week after the cruise to make sure they are posted and the correct number of points. If you don't do it, no one will. I think they are trying to limit the amount of work involved in trying to find and credit 15 year old cruises. If your points are not in your account within a year, you can't blame them. Sounds like the responsibility is being placed exactly where it should be, with the cruisers.

Edited by rvsullivan

And all of us should print a copy for our files. Never know if one should accidentally disappear. That would be difficult to prove without a hard copy printout.

Done. Just now. I will be platinum after my Escape cruise in 1.5 weeks, so I want to keep my points.

However, I didn't see the note that the OP mentioned, at least not on the page that details all my past cruises. Still, better safe than sorry.

Correction: OP said it was on eDocs. Those are printed at home. Will need to look. Sorry for any confusion.

--Michael

Edited by numberguy
Correction

I have been trying for years to get a long ago cruise posted. I last sent my last request in May 2015. I got the usual up to 6 weeks statement. I have still heard nothing. It is easy to say my fault but if NCL will not post it what is one to do.

Very good point. My kids turn 18 this year, they should be platinum, but I have no way of checking that now.

My stepson turned 18 after we booked but before our cruise. I just called my PCC and he got it fixed. Now when I log into myncl and look at our trip I can see his past points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should be able to create a MyNCL account for anybody 14 and up.

You can but it doesn't show any detail or status (at least for me). When I click on My Account/Latitudes Rewards for her it come up to an "uh-oh...403 forbidden screen) the same screen I got when I first registered her about 2 years ago.

Very good point. My kids turn 18 this year, they should be platinum, but I have no way of checking that now.

Once they turn 18, sought out their Latitude numbers and create a new MyNCL account for each son, and their points will show up along with list of past cruises.

Hope they had same Latitude number for each cruise they went on.