Grossed out

dwaterhouse

No bubble for me... In my job I have encountered my fair share

Fair share of what? Germs? Good for you. Builds up great tolerance for them suckers.

If it bothers you that much, as always in life you have options. You can cover your plate, leave early, or buy one of those plate tents I use when I have cookouts! You can also stop being so uptight.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Twirling napkins doesn't bother me.

It's the people who leave the bathroom without washing their hands.

It's the people who sneeze/cough without covering.

It's the people who cover the sneezes/coughs with their hands.

Now that's GROSS!

Yes. I agree.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

uhmmm... they are clean... duh

and if THAT grosses u out, you may not want to cruise in general.. or be in public areas with people.... just saying. there is MILLIONS of germs all over.. even more in an enclosed place like a cruise ship.

The napkins that have been used for the last 2 hours to wipe the diners' faces who are twirling them around, towards the END of the meal service, are clean :confused: :confused:

Does it gross me out? No. Do I like the singing and dancing of the waiters? No. Our waiters have told me that they do not like the singing and dancing, they are embarrassed. I just got off the Magic yesterday and they did not do the singing and dancing in the Dining Room. They did it in the Cucina del Capitano.

Doesn't bother me one bit. I think touching the stair rail is far worse and the door handle to any room.

You are so right about that. I'm the one who you'll see opening doors with my sleeve, a paper towel or something. And for Pete's sake, never, never, never touch a hand rail. You should see the stares I use to get at work when they noticed that I open the refrigerator with a paper towel. I wasn't always like this until one day I was in the ladies room and observed a woman come out of the stall, press the paper dispenser and then wash her hands!! :eek: That meant every person who got towels after washing their hands left the restroom with contaminated hands :eek::eek:

this again.....:rolleyes:

I'm sure you will hear from some folks like you op. But as for me, no i'm not grossed out by it at all. Might wanna build yourself a bubble, because there's an infinite list of things far more gross inducing than twirilng napkins.

like!!!

Unless this is your first day on planet Earth, any germs on the napkin your body has evolved to be able to handle if you're exposed to said germs.

It isn't like their dipped in the fluids of an ebola victim.

Yes I do agree it is a dumb thing that is done, but in no way am I afraid of the germs.

Am I the only one that is grossed out at the twirling of the napkins in the dining room?

Seriously.... All those germs just flying around the room.

Seriously.... Leave when the music starts. If you are a germaphobe, you may want to select another form of vacation travel.

You are so right about that. I'm the one who you'll see opening doors with my sleeve, a paper towel or something. And for Pete's sake, never, never, never touch a hand rail. You should see the stares I use to get at work when they noticed that I open the refrigerator with a paper towel. I wasn't always like this until one day I was in the ladies room and observed a woman come out of the stall, press the paper dispenser and then wash her hands!! :eek: That meant every person who got towels after washing their hands left the restroom with contaminated hands :eek::eek:

If the paper towel dispensers are not automatic, then she did it correctly. You touch the dispenser while your hands are dirty, not after they are clean. :rolleyes:

As far as never touching a handrail.. that is BAD advice. You can, and others should use the handrail for safety, just don't put your hands in your eyes, ears, nose, mouth, etc., after touching until your hands are washed. The germs don't "soak" through your skin you know! :cool:

Am I the only one that is grossed out at the twirling of the napkins in the dining room?

Seriously.... All those germs just flying around the room.

Seriously? No! What grosses me out are people who sit and lick their fingers at the dinner table. Or a passenger going into the restroom and washing their mouth out and spitting in the sink. I witnessed a guy on the Lido deck who got some water in a glass and proceeded to spit it out into the water tray. How about a woman taking the crock of nuts at the salad bar and walking around the buffet area eating right out of the crock? Grossed out yet? I can keep going.:eek:

Twirling napkins doesn't bother me.

It's the people who leave the bathroom without washing their hands.

It's the people who sneeze/cough without covering.

It's the people who cover the sneezes/coughs with their hands.

Now that's GROSS!

Ditto

Our waiters have told me that they do not like the singing and dancing, they are embarrassed. .

Yeah, some certainly do. My server always disappeared into the kitchen when the music start. A few were going along reluctantly with little enthusiasm.

[quote

As far as never touching a handrail.. that is BAD advice. You can, and others should use the handrail for safety, just don't put your hands in your eyes, ears, nose, mouth, etc., after touching until your hands are washed. The germs don't "soak" through your skin you know! :cool:

Ok now that's funny! And correct. LOL