is there affl hotel with a 24 hour shuttle? cheap?

basketballdad

Most cheaper hotels around fort Lauderdale seem to run their airport shuttle starting at 5 am and ending at midnight. We land the morning of boarding at 4 am coming from the west coast (1 am our time) and would like to sleep for 6 hours or so before we head to the ship as boarding starts at 1 pm for the cheap seats.

So without dropping 30 bucks for uber or lyft or a taxi what hotels run a 24 hour shuttle for those of us that land at 4 am? Thanks

Edited by basketballdad

Just a little reading on the board would reveal the common recommendation to check sunny.org, a website that lists all the FLL hotels and their amenities, including shuttles.

Not sure where you got the $30 figure, as many hotels are within a $15 taxi ride. Am not aware taxis charge more after certain late hours, but could be wrong.

By the way, when are you coming to FLL ? This is important, as your definition of "cheap" might need some adjustments.

Edited by CruiserBruce

I think the thread title was trying to say affordable hotel with 24 hour shuttle? cheap?

If you find any hotel in your price range both willing to hold a room overnight for your pre-dawn check in and extending check out until noon-ish just add the couple short $15 cab rides to your budget. The "free" shuttles are always subsidized in the room rates.

Just plug the night before for check-in to your favorite search engine; the cheapest hotels will likely be in the Airport-North area (that's cheapest in both rate and quality--though some will have the port shuttle you crave). Call the property direct to confirm your expected check in and out times.

ETA: looks like OP is sailing December 28. With a party of seven. Hope you were planning on more than one hotel room.

And this totally unsolicited advice: the best way to beat west-to-east jet lag is to not go back to sleep. If you do nap right up until heading for the ship mid-afternoon it will take you a couple more days onboard to adjust to east coast time (and the clocks will likely go forward another hour depending on your itinerary). May I suggest just heading to a 24 hour diner for early breakfast, then dropping your bags at the pier (the porters will take them that early) then hanging around 17 St a few hours. I have never known HAL to enforce staggered boarding; I would head back to check in around 10:30-11:00. Just my .02.

Edited by fishywood