Questions - Summit Dining Options

masonpips

Hi, I've done some research but have some remaining questions regarding dining on the Summit for our February cruise.

Details:

• We're booked for our 20 year anniversary in Sky Suite 6145 (thanks to this board for the tip, photos and videos of the amazing room).
  • We're Diamond on RCCL and know about the Elite package items (cruised Century for our 15 year 5 years ago).
  • We're currently booked at late dinner in the dining room and will eat there the nights we don't choose speciality
  • We booked via the January 123GO package so we have the Classic Drink package, prepaid gratuities and $300 OBC.
  • We plan to use the OBC for specialty dinners and/or spa as we'll do our excursions on our own.

Questions:

1) We can eat in Luminae as we desire due to the sky suite - do we need to make reservations daily as we decide? I'm assuming this is similar to Coastal Kitchen on Oasis (their suite dining area)?

2) For the OBC I'm looking at the 3 dinner package for $119 - in order to use OBC I need to book that once on board versus paying now via cc?

3) Is there any chance we can try Blu at some point just to see if we'd like it for the future? I wasn't sure on this since it's reserved for Aqua Suites

4) Bistro on 5 doesn't show up in my cruise planner - does this require reservations?

5) Is there anything else I'm missing dining wise? I know about the complimentary places, but I'm trying to get organized re: when to eat where realizing if we don't pre-book the dining package we may have to adjust once on board.

TIA

Hi, I've done some research but have some remaining questions regarding dining on the Summit for our February cruise.

Details:

• We're booked for our 20 year anniversary in Sky Suite 6145 (thanks to this board for the tip, photos and videos of the amazing room).
  • We're Diamond on RCCL and know about the Elite package items (cruised Century for our 15 year 5 years ago).
  • We're currently booked at late dinner in the dining room and will eat there the nights we don't choose speciality
  • We booked via the January 123GO package so we have the Classic Drink package, prepaid gratuities and $300 OBC.
  • We plan to use the OBC for specialty dinners and/or spa as we'll do our excursions on our own.

Questions:

1) We can eat in Luminae as we desire due to the sky suite - do we need to make reservations daily as we decide? I'm assuming this is similar to Coastal Kitchen on Oasis (their suite dining area)?

You are actually scheduled now to eat in Luminae each night since you are in a suite.

2) For the OBC I'm looking at the 3 dinner package for $119 - in order to use OBC I need to book that once on board versus paying now via cc?

To use OBC you need to wait until on board - yes.

3) Is there any chance we can try Blu at some point just to see if we'd like it for the future? I wasn't sure on this since it's reserved for Aqua Suites

Available on space available basis for suite guests. Personla opinion is don't bother

4) Bistro on 5 doesn't show up in my cruise planner - does this require reservations?

No as it is very casual.

5) Is there anything else I'm missing dining wise? I know about the complimentary places, but I'm trying to get organized re: when to eat where realizing if we don't pre-book the dining package we may have to adjust once on board.

Personally I would not suggest doing anything before boarding and let your concierge arrange everything once you board.

TIA

Enjoy

Details:

Questions:

TIA

For suites there is no Early or Late seating. The reservation system Celebrity uses simply makes you or TA select an option but Luminae is select dining. You can come as you please or make a reservation the day before or day of.

To my knowledge you will need to make reservations on board for the specialty dining. I do believe if you book them ahead of time online you are charged by Celebrity. You should be fine getting the times you want. Once you board the ship you'll see tables set up for specialty dining. You can go and make reservations right away for every night of the cruise to secure good times. Then once you get the "dailys" if you notice there is a show you want to see, etc. that conflicts with your dining time you can just change the reservation.

Since you are in a suite you can also order room service for dinner from the MDR and have it served by your butler if you choose. This might make for a nice relaxing night...dinner on the balcony with a bottle of wine, etc.

You have the classic drink package. Depending on what you drink and how often, you may want to upgrade your drink package. One of the benefits to upgrading the package to "Premium" is if you have the premium package and want to buy a more expensive drink...lets say a $20 glass of wine, then you only pay the difference between the limit for the Premium Package and your drink ($13 Limit - $20 glass of wine, therefore you'd pay $7). If you have the classic package and you order something outside of the package, then you must pay full price. The good news with regard to this is you can upgrade your drink package on board and you don't need to do it right away. You can check out the drink menus, the pricing, etc. then after the first day or so, you can upgrade if you so choose or just keep the classic.

Cheers & Happy Cruising!

Details:

Questions:

TIA

You are actually assigned to Luminae, despite what your confirmation may say.

You get one complimentary dinner in a specialty restaurant. I would suggest making other reservations on board, and ask for a discount (have never eaten in a specialty restaurant without receiving a discount. Must book on board to use OBC

Yes, you can eat at BLU. There are no more Aqua suites, but the restaurant is for Acqua Class, and suite pax can also get in, see the Maitre 'D

Bistro on 5, no not usually. Way underutilized. It is now a $10 charge.

We did not pre-book anything and everything worked as smooth as can be (October).

Hope this helps.

Ken

Just got off the Summit last week - We made reservations for Luminae, but didn't really need them. Ask to sit in Mustafa's section, he is GREAT. As for the drink package, we started with the classic, but upgraded to premium. You don't have to worry about anything. Our TCs are quite the wine drinkers and took one drink of the wine in the classic package and upgraded on the spot. Martini's are well worth the upgrade if you like them. The Black Forest one is divine.

Food to us was just OK in Luminae. We were exhausted one night of going ashore and ordered food from the MDR and ate in our suite. It was delicious.

Don't forget about Qsine. We all thought it was the best meal of the the cruise. Go hungry it is a lot of food. The atmosphere and food were great.

The Coffee cafe on 5 has awesome coffee drinks. The shakealotta (espresso and cream) shaken over ice is very refreshing. Free pastries.

Have fun - you won't leave hungry.