No more included speciality restuarants for Celebrity and Sky suite guests

uktog

One thing I have noticed: Where when in the penthouse and Royal suites one of the perks missing is the stocked refrigerator with beer, soda and water at no extra charge. I have had no luck in Celebrity responding to us keeping this perk. It also does not mention breakfast in our cabins, but does in all other suites. Is this an assumption or was it just a typo. Purchased my fair June on board and expect to sail June 2016. Wish they could just get organized and print all that is available in each category so we knew. One more thing: Michael's club was a wonderful place to sit have a drink, read a few chapters and off you went to your next venue for whatever. Last year it sat about 40 people comfortably. With the 32 added suites and an average of 2 people per cabin, where do they plan on sitting another 64 people? Hope management can't downsize on the number of life boats. Maybe we will get less passenger lifeboats and more barrels tied to the promenade deck.:eek:

Certainly a lot of complaining about nothing. Celebrity has made changes and those booking before the change have a different contract and a night of specialty dining. Would think actually Michaels Club would be worth more with unlimited drinks and a premium free bar. Seems like lots of discussion about incorrect information.

One thing I have noticed: Where when in the penthouse and Royal suites one of the perks missing is the stocked refrigerator with beer, soda and water at no extra charge. I have had no luck in Celebrity responding to us keeping this perk. It also does not mention breakfast in our cabins, but does in all other suites. Is this an assumption or was it just a typo. Purchased my fair June on board and expect to sail June 2016. Wish they could just get organized and print all that is available in each category so we knew. One more thing: Michael's club was a wonderful place to sit have a drink, read a few chapters and off you went to your next venue for whatever. Last year it sat about 40 people comfortably. With the 32 added suites and an average of 2 people per cabin, where do they plan on sitting another 64 people? Hope management can't downsize on the number of life boats. Maybe we will get less passenger lifeboats and more barrels tied to the promenade deck.:eek:

I will venture to say that you will have nothing to really worry about. Just like the dining facilities, people may go elsewhere to enjoy themselves if they find Michael's to be not what they thought or want at that time.

I doubt that 64 people will try to make their way into Michael's at the same time, that is unless there is something super special going on like an art auction give away for those who are eligible to enter that venue or special gathering of officers etc...

But you will let us know upon your return or during your sailing how it worked out, will you? Then we will really know.

bon voyage

But the "much ado about nothing" could have been avoided had Celebrity responded to very early inquiries from many of us booked in CS, & also SS. It would have been very easy to include wording on their amenity pages that free specialty dinners only applied to cruises booked prior to 1/1/16. Since they did not do this, I am still not convinced that they back peddled after many calls & emails. It's very easy to announce the positive but hard to give negative news.

INHO, just like the beverage package increase 'leak' there was a policy in place before the announcement. But that did not prevent CC'r's from speculating on who it would or would not affect, besides X.

Yes, many do not like price 'changes' or 'policy' changes when it appears to effect negatively.

I Am happy that CC'r's speak up when something appears to be running afoul of what is right, it does bother me that X continues to be criticized for policy changes and price increases when given enough notice about them. Usually there is a cutoff for those who may be affected, which gives enough time to decide if cancelling is in our best interest or not to bother as it is a cost of having a vacation... a nice one at that..

bon voyage...

Certainly a lot of complaining about nothing. Celebrity has made changes and those booking before the change have a different contract and a night of specialty dining. Would think actually Michaels Club would be worth more with unlimited drinks and a premium free bar. Seems like lots of discussion about incorrect information.

I must have missed it, but where in the contract does it say anything about the complimentary Specialty dining? Where does it say three meals a day in Luminae? Where does it say that locally sourced foods would be used? Yet, all the advertising promises those things. The CEO and Celebrity rep came on here and reaffirmed the information after the ships (at HQ urging, I am sure) altered the schedules.

I guarantee that had this not been addressed here, the complimentary dinners would have vanished, even for those who previously booked.