Proper/matching ID to board a ship. HELP

bbryan5

Ok, we have a cruise booked for January on the Gem out of NYC. We have both cruised with NCL several times. Here's the situation. We are recently married. Our current reservation has my wife's maiden name listed on it. Her current/valid passport ALSO has her maiden name on it (so the reservation name, and passport name MATCH) but she has gone ahead and changed her name on her drivers license to my last name. If you show a passport at check-in, are you still required to show another ID? If so, her last name on the passport (maiden name) and last name on the license (my last name) WON'T match. Below is what I found on NCL's website. I'm wondering if we should expedite a new passport with her "new" married last name to match her drivers license, and switch the name on the reservation. Anyone have any first hand experience with this? Or does anyone know if we will have a problem if we don't get her an updated passport with the "new" married name? Thanks a lot for any and all insight, I really appreciate it.:D:D:D

I have been in this exact situation, and actually we still are. my now wife got her passport shortly before we got married. It is good for 10 years so we have kept it. We still make her reservations under her old name and have no problems getting on the ship. They only need a passport not 2 forms of id. We do bring a copy of the marriage certificate to be safe, but have never needed it. You will be totally fine with just the passport. Enjoy your trip!!

6&8

I know people will tell you that you *should* be OK with just a passport, but a lot can change in the couple months before you sail.

No one knows when (or if) new ID restrictions will be put in place. Things can change in our World in an instant.

I would change the documents to all match the correct legal name and/or bring copies of the marriage license that clearly shows a name change.

If you aren't asked for it, great. The problem comes in if you are asked & don't have it with you.

Have a great cruise.

I know people will tell you that you *should* be OK with just a passport, but a lot can change in the couple months before you sail.

No one knows when (or if) new ID restrictions will be put in place. Things can change in our World in an instant.

I would change the documents to all match the correct legal name and/or bring copies of the marriage license that clearly shows a name change.

If you aren't asked for it, great. The problem comes in if you are asked & don't have it with you.

Have a great cruise.

Regulations may change to Require a passport, they will not change to require a drivers license.

The passport is all she will need.

So glad I kept my maiden name!:D