Difference between Oasis Class and Freedom Class on Labadee

batt01

Has anyone been to Labadee with an Oasis class ship and also with a Freedom class ship? Is there a big difference in the feeling of crowds, beach chair access, lines at buffets, etc. due to the additional 1,700+ ppl potentially on the island? Of course, this is assuming that only one ship is in port that particular day (do they ever put another ship with an Oasis or Freedom class ship)?

No real implications here, I'm just curious if Labadee will seem much less crowded when I'm there on the Freedom vs. on the Oasis.

Thanks

I was there on Freedom 2 years ago with Jewel. The crowd wasnt as bad as I expected. However it was a little slow getting back down the pier to the ships.

If you plan on excursions I would book fast because they would probably fill up fast with 2 ships.

I guess I wasn't really clear...

Asking about how the island feels when Freedom is there (on it's own) vs. when Oasis is there (on it's own). Not when two ships are there at the same time.

I guess I'm kind of hoping that it will seem much less crowded when there with Freedom (only) since it is designed for much larger crowds that come with Oasis and soon, Quantum.

Yes, have been to Labadee on Oasis, and on Liberty (Freedom class). It was fine both times. As with many popular ports, you'll experience the lines when the gangway first opens. But we had no problem, it was very organized and we had no trouble finding two chairs under a tree at Columbus Cove. Labadee is one of our favorite ports of call. And both ships handled it fine. There were more people there, of course, with Oasis, but the island handled it easily.

Edited by Sherri914