Morning coffee and MDR breakfast

Roamer321

You can have coffee delivered via room service, or go to the WJ and get it yourself.

And yes...the DR breakfast is the best!

Love having the coffee and some pastries delivered in the AM to have out on the balcony .. nice way to start the day.

Tho I disagree about the MDR breakfast .. each time we've tried it, its taken FOREVER .. and the food has been delivered cold. Never impressed by MDR breakfast .

Even calling room service just for coffee when you wake up is quick. I've never waited more than 10 minutes. We'll have coffee while we're getting ready for the day and then go to the MDR for breakfast. When I'm on vacation I like to have someone wait on me and have never had a problem with the food or the temperature of it.

We seldom go to MDR for breakfast because my DH gets up ahead of me (reversal of at home) so he grabs a bite at the Windjammer.

However when we have gone to the MDR we have thoroughly enjoyed it. The food is very good and we enjoy the company of other people. I wish it were open more on port days (although I understand why it is not) since we often stay on the ship.

• 1 month later...

Sailed on Liberty of the Seas December 6 and I did not like the standard coffee at all. I am particular about coffee - not that what I prefer is necessarily better quality - I just really prefer blonde or breakfast varieties and the standard coffee is more of a dark roast. I found it too bitter and after several tries, ended up buying a drink package so I could get specialty coffees like cappuccino and lattes, which I really liked. The specialty coffees I got at Sorrentos and in the dining room were as good or better than most specialty coffee I have had in my hometown. I did enjoy getting an iced vanilla latte for sitting on the deck in the afternoon and enjoyed having cappuccino after dinner each night and with breakfast each day. Re breakfast. I enjoyed the made to order omelettes at Windjammer, I think there were a few more ingredients to choose from than the dining room. However there was often a sizable line. Overall, though, we preferred being served in the dining room and having a leisurely breakfast and chatting with whoever we were seated with and meeting new people. It was our first cruise, so we really loved getting advice and reviews from experienced cruisers. One man on our cruise was on his 65th cruise! My husband liked the eggs Benedict. I always had an omelette. The bacon was consistently crisp. At times the food was a little on the cool side, but I'm sure they try their best to keep it warm. The entire trip I never had an error with my order, which speaks for the level of service. Short story long - I did not like the standard coffee at all, but it is worth others trying and seeing what they think before buying a drink package. I much preferred the main dining room to the Windjammer for breakfast, but more for the ambiance and being served a meal than due to quality of food. The service I received in the main dining room was impeccable. How've fun!

Edited by mellowmarshmom

Oh and I would add that I get up early and could not get a specialty coffee before 7 am and I was grouchy. Did use my Starbucks via a few times just to get by until Sorrentos started serving. My previous advice of adding via to coffee was a bust! So maybe I shouldn't give advice until I try it myself... [emoji12]

We do in cabin - cereal or just fruit and coffee - we do D+ breakfast in DL/CL and we also do windjammer -just not on port days! :)

Merry Christmas to each of you- may your day be filled with family - friends - fun and all your heart's desires!

• 4 weeks later...

You're spending how much a day and worried about a cup of coffee. $4.00 I believe +18% gratuity. They used to carry Seattles best but no more. Use RCCL Brand. Coffee is available in the rear of the coffee shop on the promenade What ever the name is, has free bilge water. Coffee aboard ships is made with a syrup and dumped into the pot with water. It is cheap crap and last year they changed brands to a cheaper crap. I will drink it and I put salt (about 4 grains in it ) to get rid of bitterness.

I will note that if you order coffee from room service, it's delivered in a pretty small carafe. Think two small cups. So for the two of us, we always order two carafes. And we tell them only two cups, but they always deliver four cups anyway. So we deal w/ it. :D

Edited by Goodtime Cruizin