Vision of Seas Dining

Not open for lunch on boarding day. Only open for lunch on sea days.

Bob, aren't they open for lunch at Labadee? For some reason I seem to remember enjoying my favorite Tutti salad bar (instead of the "you want flies with that?" ;) beach BBQ). I could be wrong.

Bob, aren't they open for lunch at Labadee? For some reason I seem to remember enjoying my favorite Tutti salad bar (instead of the "you want flies with that?" ;) beach BBQ). I could be wrong.

Could be. Our experience on Vision did not include Labadee.

I know some ships change it up a bit when they stop at the private destinations. I believe Enchanment closed Windjammer for lunch while at Coco Cay and had the MDR open.

Could be. Our experience on Vision did not include Labadee.

I know some ships change it up a bit when they stop at the private destinations. I believe Enchanment closed Windjammer for lunch while at Coco Cay and had the MDR open.

That was my experience also. They closed the WJ due to most of the regular staff having to work the beach BBQ, but the MDR was open. Just in Labadee and Cocoa Cay sailings on every ship I have sailed on that hit those ports of call.

Will find out if I am my old brain is remembering right when we hit Labadee in three weeks on Freedom.

Edited by island lady

Lunch is only in the DR on sea days...not on Labadee day...as most of the servers, etc....are ON Labadee!

Then I must not remember where I eat on Labadee or Coco Cay days. It is never the beach BBQ, which I am not fond of in the least. What about the people that never get off the ship...and there are many.

Edited by island lady

Then I must not remember where I eat on Labadee or Coco Cay days. It is never the beach BBQ, which I am not fond of in the least. What about the people that never get off the ship...and there are many.

I think your memory is fine. :)

I just returned today from the Vision, Western Itinerary, which did not include Labadee. We had two sea days, day 2 and day 6. The MDR was not open on the first of the sea days. Only the last. Anything else I can help you with?

OK, I'll bite, where is the best place to eat lunch on embarkation day? We went on the Oasis in September and Park Cafe and Solarium were the best choices. I assume the Windjammer will be open.

fd851, we are going on the Western Caribbean in April, how did you like the Visions of the Sea? How did you like the ports?

OK, I'll bite, where is the best place to eat lunch on embarkation day? We went on the Oasis in September and Park Cafe and Solarium were the best choices. I assume the Windjammer will be open....

Windjammer and Park Cafe are the only choices.

Well, Sojodave, I will say we had a great time. There were things I liked very much about the ship. I can't believe I am starting with this, but the Captain was great! He was very social and even has his own band! The ship is in good shape, and the crew is very friendly. The ship is one of the smaller, and one of the smallest that I have been on for a while. There are fewer public areas, and so, they are very frequently over-crowded. It is hard to find a quiet place to get a drink.

As to the ports, of the 4, I had only been to Cozumel before. We are typically beach people, so we love Cozumel. We had great trouble deciding what to do in Roatan, as we heard the beaches were less than spectacular. We wandered outside the port, and ran the gauntlet of booths trying to sell us things. The thing is, the gauntlet does not end. After we got passed most of the adults trying to get us to go on tours, the kids started following us. We made it down about a block or so, and ended up in a small shop run by a pastor/wife combo from Canada. They hooked us up with a taxi driver who took us on a tour of the island. He loves his homeland, and constantly referred to it as "Paradise" It was worth the $40 he charged (yes we tipped him extra) to see the island. Very poor, but happy people everywhere. I will not lie, however, they are as aggressive as any port to which I have ever been.

In Belize, we did the River Wallace and Alton Ho (sp?) tour. Very long ride to spend 20 minutes at the pyramids. They were, however, impressive. Belize looked very much like Roatan without the mountains. I did not see a beach I would have wanted to spend much time at.

Costa Maya, no down time in the sun thus far, so we just got off and walked through the port. Very nice....all the usual suspects, Diamonds International, etc. There is a pool in the middle of it where people could swim. We went back and hung out on the pool deck.

Cozumel, we just walked the town and hung out at the pool on the ship. If we did this itinerary again, we will probably do the reverse. Stay on the ship in Roatan and Belize, and go to nice beaches in Cozumel and Costa Maya.