Jacksonville Port

CruiseLover1996

It's so much easier to park at the port..you pay when you enter. It's one of the easiest ports to park at in my opinion. I say definitely GPS that parking ..I never would've expected it to be where it was at...

You'll do fine, its a very small port. Not all the chaos like Orlando, Miami or Tampa.

I'd never sailed out of that port until our cruise this last April..it seems to take FOREVER to get out of there and get out to sea!

This is the smallest port I've ever been in. It was surprising but so easy. We just sailed a month ago. We could see where we parked from the ship!

We stayed at the airport at Hampton Inn. It's right beside a Zaxbys, Ruby Tuesday, and Longhorn. There's a gas station just down the road for snacks

Nice outdoor pool and hot tub.

There's only one hotel close to the port and it's a Holiday Inn

Just park at the pier. You will walk straight from the lot alongside a covered walk straight to check in.

Hope you have a great time

This is our first time cruising out of Jacksonville, Can anyone tell me about parking? Good places, cheaper places ect.? Also Hotel information?

Thanks

I stayed at one of the hotels which offered a hotel room, park and sail rate when I traveled to Jacksonville. For about $120, the combo rate worked for me.

The parking at Jacksonville is right next to the ship. The port has easily what is the quickest embarkation process I have ever had for a cruise.

I enjoyed the Fascination very much. Don't miss sail away as the ship passes under the skyway bridge heading out to sea. It is amazing!

Hope you enjoy your cruise.

Edited by djacobson

It's been five years since I sailed from JAX, but here is a picture taken from the deck of Fascination:

100_2950%20-%20Copy_zpstkvt4dpy.jpg

They will direct you to drive around by the terminal to offload checked baggage, then you drive to the parking lot. Since I only travel with a carryon on those short cruises, I drive directly into the lot and walk back to the terminal. The last time I was there, they had people in stretch golf carts shuttling people to and from the parking area.

The bridge mentioned in the last post is the Dames Point Bridge. EM

Edited by Essiesmom

We've sailed out of Jax four times now and we love it. The Hampton Inn and the Hyatt Place (both are also near the airport) are both very nice, clean and comfortable. They both offer shuttles to the port if you fly in. Only the Hampton Inn offers a park and cruise rate and you can leave your car there for up to 7 nights, but it can be a 30-45 minute wait for their shuttle to pick you up after your cruise.

Parking at the port is a little expensive, but worth the security and the convenience. Porters will be waiting to take your luggage as you park and the Carnival personnel at Jax have the check in process down pat. We've always been on board by noon.

Have a great cruise!