Quick Question Bag check at security

SK84

Quick question,

I crusied back in 2014 with Carnival and they still allowed you to bring on your own soda and such. They opened the cases to make sure we didn't smuggle in beer and we didn't we were ligit.

I know that with the changing of the policies they have gotten a lot more strict with searching bags

I recently had my wisdom teeth out ( 3 weeks ago) and I have a perscription mouth wash I need to use 2x a say. It is a round dark brown bottle, with screw top, not a square one like standard mouth washes.

I ususally carry my toilettries in my carry on. Will they check my mouth wash container if it is perscription? It will be ligit mouth wash, but I am concerned of contamination with them opening it. It is very expensive and it would anger me.

Just wanting to know if anyone has had them check your containers

I may consider just going without it for the week and hadnle it with my dentist when I get back.

...I have a perscription mouth wash I need to use... I am concerned of contamination with them opening it. It is very expensive and it would anger me.

It would anger me as well - the contamination factor- but they are within their rights to examine the bottle and its contents. Having said that, if it is actually a prescription, the label will be on the bottle. If it is simply a recommendation, then I think a signed note from your dentist is in order.

Do you really still need the mouthwash, almost 4 weeks later by the time you cruise? Sincerely asking.

Do you really still need the mouthwash, almost 4 weeks later by the time you cruise? Sincerely asking.

I, too, am sincerely concerned. If your incisions are not healed after four weeks, you have bigger problems than security flagging your bottle.

I, too, am sincerely concerned. If your incisions are not healed after four weeks, you have bigger problems than security flagging your bottle.

Definitely. Any oral surgery I've had it's been rinsing with warm salt water a couple of times a day - but that was like two weeks max (even when one removal was due to an infection - salt water rinsing, and I think I was given antibiotics, but that was it). Never heard of prescription mouthwash for it.

I have often used that prescription mouthwash on Dr's orders for much longer then 4 weeks. I would try ( I know expensive and insurance may not pay) to get an unopened bottle for the trip. The other option it be to wrap it carefully and put it in your checked bag. Either way make sure it has the original label, unsmudged and with the dates on it. Ha, and that stuff is nasty so tell them to pour a shot.