Live from the Anthem thanksgiving cruise: So far so bad

Cruisebaza

Does anyone know.... do you check in your luggage first, then go to parking lot or can you park and just bring (walk) to the terminal with your luggage.......? Thanks for any information. We will be there next month. Seems there have been changes since last time we sailed from there back in 2007

OP, hope cruise is going along well now.

Does anyone know.... do you check in your luggage first, then go to parking lot or can you park and just bring (walk) to the terminal with your luggage.......? Thanks for any information. We will be there next month. Seems there have been changes since last time we sailed from there back in 2007

OP, hope cruise is going along well now.

Yes, you drop off your luggage first and then pull in the parking lot which is right past the terminal.

You have to go right past the luggage drop off to get to the parking garage. So I don't know why you would want to carry your luggage back with you. Much easier to get rid of it and walk into the terminal.

Yes, you drop off your luggage first and then pull in the parking lot which is right past the terminal.

You have to go right past the luggage drop off to get to the parking garage. So I don't know why you would want to carry your luggage back with you. Much easier to get rid of it and walk into the terminal.

Oh, great, perfect. Sounds easy enough. Thanks again.

Oh, great, perfect. Sounds easy enough. Thanks again.

It's even better getting off the ship. After going through customs exit the terminal take a right and the garage is right there. There are two huge elevators right inside that can fit people with lots of luggage. Our experience on our 10/22 cruise was wonderful.

Sorry for the technical questions - but do they make everyone go to their rooms to wait for the alarm? I was thinking as long as we know in advance where our drill location will be' date=' we can make our way down (near) there early.[/quote']

No worries. You can go ahead of time but you need to make sure the crew members at the door scan your cards so they know you attended. That's all.

Did you see my post? You can take those same bands on Anthem and have them reprogrammed.

:)

Yes I did, we only have 2 from the previous cruise on Quantum.

Still will not pay for the extra wow bands, totally ridiculous.

We will be happy to use the room cards.

Definitely arrive at the port early. The people I spoke who got there before 11am got on quickly.

Also, sign up early for the escape room. It books up quickly. Info on it is limited. Use the kiosks. It is fun though. It is a good family activity.

By the way, we were just advised that the ship is speeding up to reach Port Canaveral by midnight due to a medical emergency. I did see someone take a nasty fall on one of the spiral stairs but I also heard an Alpha call to a stateroom.

May I ask if you can make reservations for the parking garage? Or is it first come first serve?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No reservations needed for the garage. We had no problems parking during our 10/22 Liberty cruise. Not sure if that will change we were the first cruisers to ever use the garage.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

By the way, we were just advised that the ship is speeding up to reach Port Canaveral by midnight due to a medical emergency. I did see someone take a nasty fall on one of the spiral stairs but I also heard an Alpha call to a stateroom.

Again??? They just raced back to Bayonne because of medical emergencies. Hope all is well.

No reservations needed for the garage. We had no problems parking during our 10/22 Liberty cruise. Not sure if that will change we were the first cruisers to ever use the garage.

What time did you get to the garage? was it pretty crowded form early arrivals?

What time did you get to the garage? was it pretty crowded form early arrivals?

We arrived around 10:40 am and the parking garage wasn't crowded yet. There were still a lot of passengers that had just disembarked waiting to be picked up. I was surprised at how many were still there.

What is an Alpha call?

Hello cruisin' Ya Ya

In my wandering around Cruise Critic I think I have seen that you are currently in staterooms no 7258. Am I correct? If so I was wondering if you wouldn't mind sending me an email with your thoughts on the stateroom. Hubby and I are booked into this stateroom on the Ovation of the Seas next June. We have never sailed Royal Caribbean before and would like your thoughts. This is one of the square-ish shaped cabins with the wider balcony? Our email address is biroxin at hotmail dot com - if you have some spare moments once you get home.

Many thanks

Maureen and Brian

Adelaide, South Australia

Hello cruisin' Ya Ya

In my wandering around Cruise Critic I think I have seen that you are currently in staterooms no 7258. Am I correct? If so I was wondering if you wouldn't mind sending me an email with your thoughts on the stateroom.

I have that room booked for our cruise at the of this coming March if you go on to you tube and look on quantum,,, wide room with balcony it will show the room. Or check back after april 10th and will let you know how it was.

Hello cruisin' Ya Ya

In my wandering around Cruise Critic I think I have seen that you are currently in staterooms no 7258. Am I correct? If so I was wondering if you wouldn't mind sending me an email with your thoughts on the stateroom. Hubby and I are booked into this stateroom on the Ovation of the Seas next June. We have never sailed Royal Caribbean before and would like your thoughts. This is one of the square-ish shaped cabins with the wider balcony? Our email address is biroxin at hotmail dot com - if you have some spare moments once you get home.

Many thanks

Maureen and Brian

Adelaide, South Australia

yes we will be in room 7258 on Anthem. Will be taking pics & when we return home, will send them.

yes we will be in room 7258 on Anthem. Will be taking pics & when we return home' date=' will send them.[/quote']

Do you think you can post them when you get back I would like to see it also as I have that room booked in March. I think we cruised together on the explorer once Thank's