Star iConcierge

Beaver1975

Is iConcierge functioning on the Star?

Yes, it's available. However, not all parts of it are functioning. You can review your account, but you can't check restaurant availability or make reservations. I thought the coverage was pretty good although we did experience a few dropped signals. I thought it was worth the $7.95.

Yes my husband and son used it last week, we mainly use it for the texting portion so we can find out where he is and remind him about what time to be back for dinner. My husband said it worked much better then when they used it on the Breakaway

If the texting truly works that would be great. That function did not work well on the a Getaway a couple of weeks ago.

If you download the app, do you need to sign up on the ship or does it charge your account automatically when you get on board? And is it $7.95 for the week?

All signup/registering is through the app. It is free to use for everything except the messaging and phone functions, that is what the $7.95 fee is for. That fee is per phone and for the entire cruise. We were charged $7.95 for our 12 day cruise a couple of weeks ago.

P.S. make you sure you download the app before boarding.

Edited by Beaver1975

My daughter and I used it on the Star last week. We texted without problems, so it was good for that and your total account balance. The daily activities were posted on the app, but we found that there were some differences in times from what was on the daily paper, and some programs were changed. For instance, there was supposed to be a Cake Masters activity which was listed on one, but it said Paella cooking thing on the other. A class I wanted to do was listed at 9:45 on one and 10am on the other.

Yes, it's available. However, not all parts of it are functioning. You can review your account, but you can't check restaurant availability or make reservations. I thought the coverage was pretty good although we did experience a few dropped signals. I thought it was worth the $7.95.

I am pretty certain we used the iConcierge for restaurant reservations on board the Star in June this year??? That was shortly after the ship came out of dry dock, so maybe they have reduced the iConcierge service since then, because of technical problems or something similar (just guessing)...

Edited by TrumpyNor

Restaurant availability was working on our cruise on Nov 15th. I wish you had the ability to view the restaurant menus from the app.

We didn't use the texting/calling portion, only the free stuff.