Submarine excursion-HELP

brnsofia

We took that excursion in Aruba (different cruise line) and as I recall (and from looking at a few photos we took on the sub), the ladder climb is steep but not very long.

100_2305.jpg

thanks this is 11 steps but I worried that the hole isnt big enough but if its the same size it will be fine

We did this excursion with Carnival and I'm certain they use the same tour operator as HAL - in fact, it's probably the ONLY submarine tour operator in Aruba and the interior photo you see above is probably exactly what you will have if you book with HAL.

After looking at the picture that was posted, we were on a sub like this one in St. Maarten with another cruise line. It is a narrow opening to get down and the steps are steep, but I think you will be fine. One word of caution, our sub was rocking pretty good at one point and several got sick on the sub. They do not return if someone is sick. They just give you a paper bag. I was definitely queasy and wished I would have taken Bonine.

The roughest part of this (we did it both in the Bahamas and in Hawaii) was getting from the transport boat (small boat, about the size of the pilot's boat) onto the deck of the sub. Tougher than moving from the ship to a tender. Crew will help, but it can be problematic. Still, if you're steady on your feet you should be alright.