Gluten Free & Sugar Free

Cruisegirl6

I have a question, my past cruises Carnival would have a sugar free dessert listed on its menu for dinner in the MDR, I am reading posts where people are showing menu's, there are no sugar free desserts listed any longer....do they still provide sugar free desserts, if so, does anybody know what they are or could be?

I had to be gluten free and the only dessert I was always able to get was the gluten free chocolate cake, do they offer or has anybody had other gluten free desserts?

I have a question, my past cruises Carnival would have a sugar free dessert listed on its menu for dinner in the MDR, I am reading posts where people are showing menu's, there are no sugar free desserts listed any longer....do they still provide sugar free desserts, if so, does anybody know what they are or could be?

I had to be gluten free and the only dessert I was always able to get was the gluten free chocolate cake, do they offer or has anybody had other gluten free desserts?

We cruised with friends in July. One of them is on a gluten-free diet. She was able to get chocolate melting cake, pumpkin pie, and apple pie. She loved the chocolate but did not care for the other two. Of course, taste is subjective.

My DD is GF, diabetic and autistic. This makes it important to be vigilant about her diet. We had no problems on Liberty last year. We had a hostess come around every evening to find out what DD wanted the next day. I know they did the chocolate cake a couple times, but they also brought ice cream and some panne cottas, creme brûlée and another cake I can't remember. Had a lot of fresh fruit options.

The sugar free dessert options were there but they didn't classify them as that, you had to ask. We had the American Table menu and it worked out great. Our hostess told DD the chef could pretty much do anything GF, but some items better than others. Also the pots de creme with blueberry and a popcorn was gf.

The self serve ice cream is also GF. Oh, and seems like she had a banana split once.

You all been helpful thank you! I never knew the self serve ice cream was gf just assumed it wasn't :D

Spend some time learning about what comprises a GF diet, then you are better able to make your own informed choices. (ice cream almost never has gluten in it) :)

I have never had an issue being GF on Carnival. The MDR is great at making accommodations and I can make wise choices on the Lido.

I have to be gluten free and been so for three years, never, do I go into any restaurant and ask what is gluten free....I can eat any meat that is not marinade (I ask no marinade), I eat all plain veggies, potato and rice, salad bar and use oil and vinegar...I can eat sandwiches leave off the bread or use large romaine lettuce as my bread or thick tomatoes....on a cruise I generally eat for lunch at the buffet the meat carving also, I am very much informed on what I can and can't eat. If I have any questions I will ask on a cruise but your correct, Carnival is wonderful in "watching out for me" in the MDR. Ice cream generally does have gluten especially soft ice cream, but just learned Carnivals is gluten free.

The reason I asked about desserts is because the past two cruises we have dined at the steakhouse every night, we are going on the fascination and its been awhile since we been on her and when we did last time they ONLY had the chocolate gf cake, try getting that each night after the second night your like enough what else is there to have lol. This is why I asked because its been awhile and assumed Carnival did indeed add more gluten free desserts for dinner in the MDR.

Sugar free, always it stated on the menu but I see now my other half has to ask, no problem at all we be lucky if we have enough room to eat dessert lol.

Edited by lyndamr

Spend some time learning about what comprises a GF diet, then you are better able to make your own informed choices. (ice cream almost never has gluten in it) :)

I have never had an issue being GF on Carnival. The MDR is great at making accommodations and I can make wise choices on the Lido.

Read the labels in the grocery store - many ice cream brands contain wheat, even just the vanilla and chocolate.

Our last cruise on the Freedom I was so out of luck when it came to deserts. If it was GF it either had chocolate or dairy products in it, and I am allergic to both, so I ended up with the fruit plate every night.

You can ask for the cheesecake that is GF. They have it a lot of days. No crust.It is really good. We have gone on Breeze twice lately. Cucina Del Capitana has really Excellent GF Chicken Parm.Guy's Burgers also has GF Hamburger rolls. I was just told Deli has GF bread or rolls too. Just heard the ice cream GF. They also have a pizza place that has GF which is new.

DebJ14, your correct many ice creams do contain gluten. I also really can't have dairy but I noticed if I have it once a week I am ok, twice forget it, I also can't eat eggs.

Ooulio yes they do have gluten free pizza had it, not that good but when your hungry and that is the only thing to eat late at night, it tastes good haha. Cheesecake did you say cheesecake, I am so going to ask, thank you.

On the Breeze three weeks ago. My granddaughter is gluten sensitive and the waiter brought the next nights menu to the table so her parents could order the meal and desert for the next day. My granddaughter had chocolate melting cake every if hit after the first . They were extremely accomodating. We had anytime dining and the choices they had made were delivered according to their room number no matter where we were seated

They were making special gluten free pizzas on the Fascination when we were there last month. It wasn't on the menu but someone next to me ordered one. Looked pretty good too.

They had a sugar free option each night. We tried a couple of times and there wasn't anything that I thought was good.

We also have my time dining thought because of that I could not pre order, question, the items on the menu for gf were they the same type of foods offered on the regular menu only made gf, or were they different items, just curious.

Yes, Fascination last time we were on her had gf pizza...waited awhile for it but they had it.

We also have my time dining thought because of that I could not pre order, question, the items on the menu for gf were they the same type of foods offered on the regular menu only made gf, or were they different items, just curious.

Yes, Fascination last time we were on her had gf pizza...waited awhile for it but they had it.

We have other allergies and the only issue we've had with ATD has been that DD's food came out quicker than mine.

A hostess or your waiter will take the next night's order. When you're seated your order will be given to your waitstaff.

For the first night you can pre-order dinner when the MDR opens, around 1pm.