safe operation

LPut714

Leaving on the Magic on Sunday the 29th. I know in order to keep lights on in the room you need a gift card of sorts. Is the safe a 4 digit key code or do we need another magnetic strip item (gift card) to operate. I usually use non activated gift cards.

Thanks in advance

Your safe has nothing to do with the lights. Some ships require some sort of card to be in the slot to activate the electricity....just stick anything in there.....as long as it blocks the signal...you're good to go.

Thanks we have in the past just brought unactivated gift cards and worked well

Your safe has nothing to do with the lights. Some ships require some sort of card to be in the slot to activate the electricity....just stick anything in there.....as long as it blocks the signal...you're good to go.

Interesting. The Dream doesn't have this setup for the lights. It's just a button that you press to turn them on. Is this other system newer, and if so, how many ships have it?

The idea is to put your key card in the slot while you are in the room. That way there are not a lot of empty cabins with lights on. I encountered this practice several years ago in European hotels.

I folded up a piece of the Fun Times and slid it into the slot near the door, it stayed in and did the job. I turned all the lights off when leaving the room, but didn't have to fumble looking for something to put in that slot after entering the cabin. A few weeks earlier, I used my expiring AARP card for the same thing.

In both cabins, one inside, the other an aft, a four digit card opened and locked the safe, no card needed to swipe there.