When did Margaritaville become a specialty on Escape?

dna529

Trying to figure out the wasted food also. Do you think they actually Waste it? I'm pretty sure NCL is just a little smarter than that. It's more than likely transferred to another venue or could even end up at the crew's mess hall.

I'll have to ask my crew friends if they're suddenly having volcano nachos and fish tacos for dinner every night :) They'll start telling passengers to stop eating at Cagneys. I'm sure you're right, they use up a lot of the food, but $22 is not a win for NCL, if they'd actually taken the time to properly plan, they would have seen that a $5 cover charge would bring in a lot more revenue AND eleviate stress on the few complimentary dining choices on Escape.

$22 in revenue, and drastically reduced food costs, and the ability to probably re-allocate labor elsewhere too.... AND they get to claim they have this brand on board.

It's not their fault if you choose not to eat there.

I have a friend who is an author (NY Times bestseller - 11 times over), who is fond of (jokingly) saying "I don't care if you READ my books - just buy them!". :D

Stephen

That's just the point...No one is buying it. I doubt VERY strongly, that this venue remains as a selling point for cruises on this ship. An empty restaurant RIGHT NEXT to the main outdoor area of the ship could not possibly be deemed a success in anyone's book.

Lets see...I can book a specialty restaurant, for fine dining, including Filet, Lobster, etc., for roughly 20 bucks a head per night, on the SDP, or I can spend 20 or so on burgers and fries at this place...Hmmmmmm.....tough one.

And yes, they MUST prepare food for their own venue. I can assure you that they probably don't go get hamburgers off the buffet to serve...they cook their own, have their own salad fixings, desserts, fritters, etc. This food has to be prepared each day, in anticipation of some business, if they're open...

Lets see...I can book a specialty restaurant, for fine dining, including Filet, Lobster, etc., for roughly 20 bucks a head per night, on the SDP, or I can spend 20 or so on burgers and fries at this place...Hmmmmmm.....tough one.

I don't know if you've sailed on Escape yet, but you'll be paying way more than $20 per person for filet or lobster with an appetizer and desert with the new a la carte pricing.

A ton of waste. Food and labor. That scenario makes no sense at all regardless if you choose to eat there or not. Everyone has a choice and it looks like most are choosing not to pay those outrageous prices.

I don't see it as waste. The food can be moved over to any other galley. Labor can also be allocated elsewhere.

The option is there......if you want to eat there do so. If you don't....don't.

The cabins that I stay in have a bathtub. I never use that. I don't consider that a waist of labor by having it put there.

The option is there.....if I want to use the tub it's there. If not......I don't.

Harriet

I don't see it as waste. The food can be moved over to any other galley. Labor can also be allocated elsewhere.

The option is there......if you want to eat there do so. If you don't....don't.

The cabins that I stay in have a bathtub. I never use that. I don't consider that a waist of labor by having it put there.

The option is there.....if I want to use the tub it's there. If not......I don't.

Harriet

Does your tub require workers to wait around in case you want a bath?

I don't know if you've sailed on Escape yet, but you'll be paying way more than $20 per person for filet or lobster with an appetizer and desert with the new a la carte pricing.

I thought I was clear...I can add days to my SDP for roughly 20 bucks if I want additional premium meals. My point, is that eating a full course meal at Margaritaville costs about as much as Le Bistro or Cagneys on the dining plan...

Margeritaville is a SDP option, according to a number of posts I've seen.

I thought I was clear...I can add days to my SDP for roughly 20 bucks if I want additional premium meals. My point, is that eating a full course meal at Margaritaville costs about as much as Le Bistro or Cagneys on the dining plan...

Margeritaville is a SDP option, according to a number of posts I've seen.

Sorry, I misinterpreted your post. You're right, on SDP it makes very little sense to waste a meal at Margaritaville.

You never know.......I may want tub service!

Harriet

Does anyone remember when they trialled a pampering bath package thingy? They wanted some stupid money for it (?$499?) - it did not last long IIRC.

Hey, Frank - wanna give it a try again?:rolleyes:

Sorry, I misinterpreted your post. You're right, on SDP it makes very little sense to waste a meal at Margaritaville.

No problem...didn't mean to sound harsh. If I did...I'm sorry.

I did mean that whether I go a la carte at Margeritaville, or use a SDP credit, I'm looking at 20 bucks or more for a full meal, with Apps and dessert. Even a burger, fries, and a drink would run 15 bucks with gratuity.

Since there are not that many people eating there I would wonder just how old the food is before they eventually throw it out. Bleck!

It wouldn't get old and they wouldn't through it out. It would be transferred to another venue.

Besides, do you really think they have X amount of FRESH MADE burgers just waiting? They're frozen just like their meats, fish, and chicken.

Harriet

It wouldn't get old and they wouldn't through it out. It would be transferred to another venue.

Besides, do you really think they have X amount of FRESH MADE burgers just waiting? They're frozen just like their meats, fish, and chicken.

Harriet

This discussion is getting ridiculous... They have to thaw the meat, bread, whatever to prepare it to cook ... They have to prepare fresh ingredients for the dishes...They have conch fritters...do they just take them ready made from the freezer to the microwave?? Sauces?? Salsa?? Come on - Based on reviews we've all seen, the food is really good...comparable to land based Margeritaville restaurants.

Are you really saying that a handful of diners per hour makes this place profitable for the cruise line??

Most importantly, the folks NOT eating here, eat SOMEWHERE...This costs them money too, as well as space, and labor...

Edited by projectorguy1

We were on the Dec 5th sailing- I believe the 1st one with Margeritaville as Specialty.

Luckily, we had booked UDP: we ate Lunch there after returning from shore and then had Dinner @ Cagney's on the same day with no extra charges. By the time we left, it was quite busy that day. The food was ok: Nachos were huge .. many chips w/ little toppings. Fish & Chips: lots of breading. imho Fish & Chips in 'Taste' were way better.

Margaritaville appeared to be dead on the Dec 12 sailing. I walked by a number of times and the majority of the time it was either empty or closed. They had some really good tunes (live band) the one time I walked by and only 6 people in there. It seemed like a real waste. The only time it looked somewhat busy was for breakfast (I think they do free breakfast but we never tried it.)

Margaritaville appeared to be dead on the Dec 12 sailing. I walked by a number of times and the majority of the time it was either empty or closed. They had some really good tunes (live band) the one time I walked by and only 6 people in there. It seemed like a real waste. The only time it looked somewhat busy was for breakfast (I think they do free breakfast but we never tried it.)

Agree....we were also on the Dec 12 sailing....never looked busy in there at all.

Is this true?.. all the dailies I have read doesn't even show Margaritiville open for breakfast?

Is it open breakfast?.. if so.. is it complimentary?

Thanks in advance:cool:

Is this true?.. all the dailies I have read doesn't even show Margaritiville open for breakfast?

Is it open breakfast?.. if so.. is it complimentary?

Thanks in advance:cool:

I didn't pay attention to the dailies and we always just went for a quick breakfast at the buffet because my kids probably wouldn't eat any of the breakfast at Margaritaville if we went. I heard someone mention it was complimentary and the one morning when we were taking the stairs up to the sports court there were people eating in Margaritaville around 9:30.

I think I recall seeing a breakfast menu posted on CruiseCritic.