Faster to the Fun

_beachgirl_

Is this worth it?

I'm considering it because we will be tendering in Belize and I would like to be one of the first people off the ship to get to the water taxi early. We're taking an independent tour that I'd like to get to as early as possible. Maybe I could just save myself the money and get in line very early in the morning to be assured a good spot in line for the tendering.

Thoughts? I don't really need any of the other perks (though embarking quickly and getting luggage fast does sound nice).

Edited by _beachgirl_

I've used FTTF multiple times and this is how I see it's worth

Worth it if...

-If you have Belize, Grand Cayman, or Half Moon Cay on your itinerary and you intend to be off the ship early.

-If you need embark the ship ASAP and aren't Plat/Diam

-If you need to debark the ship ASAP and are not doing Self-assist

I've used it in Miami and San Juan. For Miami, it was great. For San Juan, its not necessary at all.

If you have extra money you don't know what to do with then it is worth it. If not get up early and be first in line. We have never gotten FTTF and have always been one of the first people on the ship at embarkation and gotten off at every port when we wanted to. There is no value unless you want to come late and cut to the front.

Yep it is worth it.. I was so hesitant but I had to go to guest services a couple times and it was so great beating the lines. And even when u call you get through right away AND getting our luggage fast was incredible!! I would definitely do it again!!

FTTF is great. It is great to expedite embarkation and having your cabin ready when you board. (I have an anxious child so this was especially essential.) The best part is the shorter line at guest services if you need anything. Also, you get preference for dining/reservations. I just booked a last minute New Years Cruise on Glory and was surprise that it was still available.

It helps to make your vacation more relaxing. I guess it depends on how much that convenience is worth to you...

Is this worth it?

I'm considering it because we will be tendering in Belize and I would like to be one of the first people off the ship to get to the water taxi early. We're taking an independent tour that I'd like to get to as early as possible. Maybe I could just save myself the money and get in line very early in the morning to be assured a good spot in line for the tendering.

Thoughts? I don't really need any of the other perks (though embarking quickly and getting luggage fast does sound nice).

Just remember, unless your party is the "entire" independent tour, regardless of how early you get to the meeting spot, you will be waiting for someone else before the tour departs.

Just remember, unless your party is the "entire" independent tour, regardless of how early you get to the meeting spot, you will be waiting for someone else before the tour departs.

We've booked a private snorkelling tour for the 2 of us. So it's only us on the independent tour. We will however have to wait for others to get on the water taxi to take us over to the island. I just want to make sure we're on the first taxi that leaves.

Last December we had FTTF on the Glory out of Miami and it was a wonderful perk.

We got on the ship really easy and early right after the wedding parties. We loved the fact that the cabin was ready right away and our bags got there by 2 PM. We were unpacked and all setup by the time we went to Muster. We were in the pool and relaxing by the time lots of people were still in line to board.

On the other hand, in January, leaving out of San Juan at 10 PM, we are not getting it. We fly in the same afternoon as the cruise as well.

I really see both sides of why to either get it or not.

We just sailed on the Inspiration out of Long Beach and purchased FTTF...Not sure it was worth it. When we got to the pier we were the only people in the FTTF line. There should have been someone at the front of this line to advise the check in personnel you were there...they completely ignored us and took the regular check in guest until I finally spoke up and was recognized. When we wanted to use the tender in Catalina we went down to the front desk, they said step to the side and they would call someone to take us to the tender. We waited about 5 mins and a man said he would take us down to the tender...After we exited the elevator he said to the person who was doing the boarding that we could go ahead but he said no we had to show our photo ID to the man back there...So we then had to go back and get in line to show our photo ID...They should just give you a priority tender number or ticket...We did not need to have someone leave what ever they were doing to take us in the elevator to only have to wait in line anyway...As far as getting your bags off the ship first, we decided to use the Zone 1 baggage tag but they would not let us disembark the ship til all luggage had been taken off the ship so that was not worth the FTTF

I got it on this last cruise on the Splendor this past month. Loved it! We didn't have to go in long lines for check in and We were boarded right after the Plat, Dia, Weddings..etc.... Our room was ready so we were able to drop off our carry ons... Then a quick bite to eat (not as many people in line) and off to the aft pool where we had pick of our chairs!

We didn't have any tenders so I didn't need it for that. It was also nice not having to stand in long lines at customer service! [emoji4] also getting off the ship was easy too!

We have done FTTF twice, and Its well worth it in my opinion. Both times got on AND off quicker, can embark and take your carry ons straight to cabin, then go have fun. Last cruise, the one time I had to go settle an issue at the service desk, there were at least eight people in the regular line and nobody in the FTTF line. I was finished before the first guy in the regular line even moved. We love FTTF!!! :)

For me the FTTF is worth the cost, but it is a personal decision. I love not having to lug around my carry-on's and early access to my room. I have used it for every cruise since it became available, and have it booked for my upcoming March cruise.

Not everyone finds value or utilizes the perks for FTTF. If the only reason is an early tender to Belize, as other posters said, just get in line early.

Is this worth it?

I've found that independent tours in Belize will wait for all their guests to arrive. As a platinum, I have been on the 1st tender many times, only to spend another 45 mins to an hour waiting on other guests, sometimes from another ship. Excursions for snorkeling, to Caye Caulker and Cave tubing are some that I was way too early to arrive.

If you have a private tour set up with just a handful going, then FTTF tender priority may well be worth it.

We just booked our first cruise yesterday for Oct 2016 and also added FTTF. It just doesn't seem that expensive to me relative to the overall cost but the benefits appear on the surface to be obvious.

Granted I'm a newbie so may find that it's a waste because I don't know any better.

Edited by fingolfin269

We just booked our first cruise yesterday for Oct 2016 and also added FTTF. It just doesn't seem that expensive to me relative to the overall cost but the benefits appear on the surface to be obvious.

Granted I'm a newbie so may find that it's a waste because I don't know any better.

I don't think so. We didn't have it for our first cruise, but we did on our last one. Loved it!! It was great for DH (who has mobility issues) to be able to get right into the cabin and drop off our carry-ons. I used the priority line at GS a couple of times and getting our luggage early was wonderful!! To me, totally worth it.

I've never purchased FTTF. In Belize both times I lined up about 45 min early. Both times they started giving tickets early. But they did insist all in the party be present. Last time I sweet talked them because DD and her friend were late. I promised I would give tickets back if they did not come down in time. We were on 1st tender both times.

I went ahead and booked it.

Even though my boarding pass says 1-3pm, with FTTF, I can show up and board earlier right?

Yes you can. And your room is ready earlier, your luggage comes earlier, you have your own line at guest services too.

We think it's worth it. We really like FTTF and will continue to book it. Our primary reason for booking it is the boarding early and the early room access. But for the tender access that you need it for I would think it would be really nice.

This cruise we don't have tenders and we still got it. FTTF is just one of those things, you either love it, or you don't think it's worth it!

I've found that independent tours in Belize will wait for all their guests to arrive. As a platinum, I have been on the 1st tender many times, only to spend another 45 mins to an hour waiting on other guests, sometimes from another ship. Excursions for snorkeling, to Caye Caulker and Cave tubing are some that I was way too early to arrive.

If you have a private tour set up with just a handful going, then FTTF tender priority may well be worth it.

She said it's a private thing for 2, but I seriously doubt it unless they paid a super price just to have 2. Those tour people are out for the money.