From John Heald

jabberjaw070596

Hmm - the article states that Plat/Diamond/etc. must still select a check-in time. Wonder why, since they can board "at their leisure." Will have to keep an eye out on when they roll this out, as I had booked and paid for my upcoming Feb. Splendor cruise on my last Feb. Splendor cruise - over a year ago! Printed out my docs and boarding pass months and months ago. I am interested in seeing how this will play out in Miami, which tends to get quite crowded in the terminal.

Hmm - the article states that Plat/Diamond/etc. must still select a check-in time. Wonder why, since they can board "at their leisure." Will have to keep an eye out on when they roll this out, as I had booked and paid for my upcoming Feb. Splendor cruise on my last Feb. Splendor cruise - over a year ago! Printed out my docs and boarding pass months and months ago. I am interested in seeing how this will play out in Miami, which tends to get quite crowded in the terminal.

My guess is that it's just because of the programming involved with including the boarding time in the check-in process online. FTTF is capacity controlled based on the number of platinums and diamonds. The total number of priority boarders is relatively small and must not make much of a difference when they show up. But, it would be a much more difficult programming process to have only those passengers not having to select a time during the checkin process. So, they chose to tell them to pick a time that won't matter.

Seems like you don't like Priority folks much based on your posts....When we traveled RC my parents were priority and we were not, on Carnival we were priority and my parents were not. Neither of us would begrudge a nice perk to our family members, we boarded separately...not a big deal.

Your last sentence always makes me laugh. Why can't priority boarders humble themselves to board with those in their party who don't have early boarding? There is absolutely nothing "complicated" about that. In fact if I was traveling with someone who insisted that they use their "Perk" when the rest of us didn't have it my opinion of said traveling companion would diminish by the minute.

I am booked on the Breeze and have done my online check-in. Someone mentioned that this program is not on this ship yet but my documents mention a check-in time of 1-2pm......but I have FTTF. In the past I have received the "show up at blank time" email, but again, had FTTF so I ignored it. They can't seem to share that info within their own system!

Depending on when they roll this out and when your cruise is, people will deft have to go back and do the online check in again. I'm keeping an eye out since it was initially showing up on my Magic booking but now it's gone. We have time since our trip is not until August.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

If RCCL can load over 6000 passengers and have a very minimal wait (we had less than 30 mins) than i dont see why carnival cant do the same thing. ... just hire more staff!!!

That is impressive. 6,000 passengers in 30 minutes is 200 passengers every minute. That's about 3.5 every second. Assuming there were 4 separate lines boarding the ship at the same time and 30 inches between each passenger, that would mean that the lines move at approximately 3 feet per second, which is a pretty brisk walk. Of course, that assumes that no one has to stop at security or to get their cards.

That is impressive. 6,000 passengers in 30 minutes is 200 passengers every minute. That's about 3.5 every second. Assuming there were 4 separate lines boarding the ship at the same time and 30 inches between each passenger, that would mean that the lines move at approximately 3 feet per second, which is a pretty brisk walk. Of course, that assumes that no one has to stop at security or to get their cards.

Lmao! This is great!

Thanks for putting that example in better perspective.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

The best of the platinum perks are only worth $59.99 and how many cruise and thousands of dollars do you have to spend to get platinum status. LOL

I don't know of anyone who spends cruise money to get perks. Everyone I know spends cruise money to cruise. :rolleyes:

All I can say is that I am glad I am platinum. I would freak out if I got a boarding time of 3pm.

Wonder if they will start selling more FTTF so people can get on early?

I am missing something. Why would you "freak out" over your boarding time? It isn't like this is Southwest and berthing is first come first serve.

I would think being a platinum member would reinforce this. I usually only fly first class and always wait to get on the plane- it is not like I am going to lose my seat or overhead storage.

When we were on Oasis of the Seas, it was at least 90 minutes to board, and we weren't at the end. It took forever!

Wait, you mean cruisines arent charities run for our benefit?? Say it aint so!

Sorry SC....grab a tissue because cruise lines are actually in business to "make money"!

Oh, the inhumanity of it all. :( ;)

Edited by Who Cares?

Maybe this is a sneaky way to generate more dollars. Get the plan started everywhere. THEN, if you want to board after the FTTF & Priority boarding folks from 11am-12pm- you pay an xtra $20 PP. 12-1pm extra 10 PP. 1pm-3pm get free boarding.

If Spirit Airlines can get away with I for aisle & window seats, Carnival can get away with it for boarding.

Maybe this is a sneaky way to generate more dollars. Get the plan started everywhere. THEN, if you want to board after the FTTF & Priority boarding folks from 11am-12pm- you pay an xtra $20 PP. 12-1pm extra 10 PP. 1pm-3pm get free boarding.

If Spirit Airlines can get away with I for aisle & window seats, Carnival can get away with it for boarding.

Maybe...... But then again, maybe it is just a better way to embark