Book cabin suddenly changed after adding amenity?!

sherakay

I booked two rooms on 11/9 and after noticing they were offering a second amenity for NCL Escape guests, I called on 11/12 and spoke with the travel agent and she was able to add on the second amenity and sent us confirmation. But after reviewing all the paperwork today when looking to see what the cabins were again to see if new Youtube videos had been posted of them, I noticed my moms and sister's room that was connecting to ours (9874/9876) had now been changed to 9910? So now it looks like we have 9874 and 9910 which is NOT what we booked and what we wanted. I quickly emailed the TA and will call tomorrow if I get no response but am curious if this is common with NCL and easily remedied? My concern is if they sold 9876 since 11/12 then what happens? What options do we have?

I booked two rooms on 11/9 and after noticing they were offering a second amenity for NCL Escape guests, I called on 11/12 and spoke with the travel agent and she was able to add on the second amenity and sent us confirmation. But after reviewing all the paperwork today when looking to see what the cabins were again to see if new Youtube videos had been posted of them, I noticed my moms and sister's room that was connecting to ours (9874/9876) had now been changed to 9910? So now it looks like we have 9874 and 9910 which is NOT what we booked and what we wanted. I quickly emailed the TA and will call tomorrow if I get no response but am curious if this is common with NCL and easily remedied? My concern is if they sold 9876 since 11/12 then what happens? What options do we have?

It has nothing to do with NCL. The TA makes the bookings, and enters the room number(s) into the booking engine. Unless, of course, you book a guarantee cabin, but it sounds like that was not done here.

The very same thing happened to us with connecting rooms. I only noticed it 2 days later when poking around the NCL website doing a "fake booking" and saw our wanted connecting cabin was suddenly available. I immediately called the TA and we were able to switch. I would suggest though that you check the NCL website now and see if the room you want is still available. If not, I would see what other connecting rooms are still available in your catagory so you can easliy request those. Hope it all works out for you!

Thank you hj1madison for the idea. I just checked and it is still available so I hope the TA at NCL responds ASAP. I feel that's a HUGE oversight on her part, because if I hadn't noticed until near final payment time I would have been PO'd, lol. My mom and sis are coming along to help hubby and I out with our first kid who will be 6mo at the time and connecting rooms were vital to our room choices.

Thank you hj1madison for the idea. I just checked and it is still available so I hope the TA at NCL responds ASAP. I feel that's a HUGE oversight on her part, because if I hadn't noticed until near final payment time I would have been PO'd, lol. My mom and sis are coming along to help hubby and I out with our first kid who will be 6mo at the time and connecting rooms were vital to our room choices.

If that cabin you want is still available, I'd suggest that you put it on a courtesy "hold" until you speak with the rep.

That way, no one else will grab it.

(Put any name in for the temporary hold.)

GeezerCouple

Yep, OP is incorrectly calling their PCC a TA as is obivious by their post #6.

As other have said, this happens often when the PCC or a TA doesn't pay enough attention to what they are doing - it is not rocket science.

This happened to me the other day when I added the "pick 2" to my booking. The CAS warned me it was a possibility of losing the room. Well it happened [emoji33] and after looking for alternative rooms (I needed 2 adjoining balconies) the room became available again [emoji28]

I was warned by my TA that I might lose my chosen stateroom if I canceled and rebooked to get the second perk. I also knew if that happened I could keep checking and call my TA as soon as I saw it come available.

But no need, as I got rebooked immediately in my chosen room. Computers can be miraculous.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Just did this yesterday, but I booked through NCL. Spoke with Wendy, who was very happy to "refresh" my reservation, careful to keep my original room, and then included a $100 OBC that was not offered when I booked on 10/31/15. All for an extra $13.32 per person, which is the charge for tips (doesn't seem like enough) when you add the dining package (no cost) on a 7 night cruise. Felt like I won the lottery! :)