Emerald Hair Dryer

napunani

I've searched this forum without any success in determining the type of hair dryer in EMERALD PRINCESS cabins. Anyone with this intel? Is it the hotel (attached to the wall) type dryer or like I used on the ROYAL PRINCESS, personal hand-held, completely stored in a drawer??

Thanks!

I've searched this forum without any success in determining the type of hair dryer in EMERALD PRINCESS cabins. Anyone with this intel? Is it the hotel (attached to the wall) type dryer or like I used on the ROYAL PRINCESS, personal hand-held, completely stored in a drawer??

Thanks!

I believe they are attached to the wall by the desk.

Unless things have changed in last few months then the hair dryer is a wall mount type. Rather old fashioned in style as it is square and not overly powerful. It will do the job adequately for shorter hair, but might be a bit more challenging for longer hair. That being said, I dislike it so much that even with short hair I bring my own. If you do a Bing or Google search for "Princess Cruises Hair Dryer" you should be able to see some pictures of them.

Was on the Emerald for a spring transatlantic, and had no complaints about the wall hung hair drier. My hair is short, but very thick. It dried and styled fine. no complaints from me. And will be boarding the Emerald the 15th of Dec for 31 days over the holidays, planning on using the Princess furnished driers.

I agree that you might want to bring you own ,,,, one that you know you can style your hair to your satisfaction.

I really dislike the hair dryers on the Emerald and most other Princess ships because the air flow is weak and ineffective, unless you don't mind futzing around with it for much longer than normal to get your hair fully dried. The first time I cruised I went without my travel dryer, knowing in advance that Princess provided one. Ever since, I have always taken mine so I can get the results of styling that I prefer, as well as getting the job done much more quickly. And that's with short thick hair. I can't even imagine trying to deal with trying to dry long hair with a Princess dryer.