Embarkation time - Mixed cabin status

MarkAndSandy

We are a family of 5. We have cruised together since 2009, and 4 of us reached Platinum status. Our son joined the Air Force and was unable to travel, so he is still Gold. We always stayed in 1 cabin (yes, we are close.)

He is currently deployed and has expressed a desire to cruise when he returns from his first deployment and takes some time off.

We always drive to and park at the port. Now that boarding passes are printed individually, any ideas on what the terminal access might be, as assigned boarding times get rolled out to all ports in 2016? (Anyone from Galveston encounter this?). Now that he's an adult (he just turned 21) we will likely have 2 adjoining cabins, one for the girls (wife and 2 daughters) and one for the boys (me and my son.)

Obviously our "worst case" is we have to arrive at whatever the "assigned time" is... My concern is we don't know when his leave will be, so we'll be dealing with a last minute cruise, so all the early boarding times will likely be taken. Since we're all platinum except for our son, the thought of purchasing FTTF seems absurd just to get thru the terminal.

So, any thoughts on what "protocol" exists for multiple people in the same cabin with mixed colors (all arriving at the port in the same vehicle)? Platinum, Diamond, FTTF all must pick a boarding time but can arrive at their leisure. Will we have to wait until the assigned time? (I'm guessing so, but don't want to assume.)

What has been your experience in this regard?

Since you all are platinum, and all in thr same cabin, your gold son can board with you as if he were also platinum. As for the arrival time, you can arrive at any time. The boarding times do not apply to platinum cruisers.

Since your son will be in a cabin with a platinum member his boarding pass will also say "priority" so he'll have no problem checking in or boarding with the rest of you. We currently have 2 cabins booked on the Magic in Galveston and we have 1 platinum cruiser per stateroom but all of the individual boarding passes indicate "priority" even for those who aren't platinum.