Just off Getaway's 1st Western Caribbean 7 night Itinerary

First off I want to say that I had an amazing time on the Getaway! So much so that we booked it for next Thanksgiving and bringing our 6 kids this time.

I am still a little under the weather, so will be posting most of everything tomorrow. Freestyle Dailies, Menu's (missed some dinners) and reviews about the ship, staff, food and ports.

Stay Tuned! If you have any questions feel free to ask in the meantime.

Looking forward to hearing your review as I'm doing that itinerary in a few weeks. Was the ship packed?

This was the one thing that floored me. Being a Thanksgiving cruise and sold out, it NEVER felt crowded to me. The pool deck was busy but I spend most of my time on the Waterfront and Decks 6-8.

This was the one thing that floored me. Being a Thanksgiving cruise and sold out, it NEVER felt crowded to me. The pool deck was busy but I spend most of my time on the Waterfront and Decks 6-8.

That's great as it was something I was worried about, that and not be able to get served my drinks quickly. I hope to be in the adults only part for most of my free time, spice h20 ☺

Food in the MDR was absolutely above par. I was worried having sailed Epic previously and not enjoying the food. Everything from the Garden Cafe to the MDR's was very good and I am definitely a foodie. I only took a couple pics of some of the MDR menus which I will post tomorrow. The menu's are changing January 1.

• MDR
  • MDR Food: B+ (I only gave it a B+ because the desserts were not very good)
  • MDR Service: A+
  • MDR Tropican Room Atmosphere: A+ (it was like a 50's supper club, very well done)
  • MDR Taste & Savor Atmosphere: B (it felt enclosed compared to Trop)

Garden Cafe:

• Food: B (we only ate there twice but it seemed repetitive)
  • Maneuverability: B (Same stations repeatedly but layout made for a hard time getting around. Always tables available though)

Flamigo Grill - A+: Amazing Cuban Food for both breakfast and lunch

O'Sheehans: B+ (ate there on embarkation day, 1 breakfast and 1 dinner for Prime Rib) Nothing special, lots of fried pub food, Service slow.

Specialties

• Cagneys Food: A+++
  • Cagneys Service: A+++

I cannot say enough about Cagneys. I have eaten at very high end steak houses here in Orlando, and this was by far one of the best steaks I have ever had. I had 18 oz Bone In Ribeye with caramalized red onion and Bernaise sauce on the side, Wedge Salad and Garlic Mashed Potatoes. For Dessert the Raspberry Creme Brulee.

Boyfriend had Shrimp Cocktail, 8 oz Filet, Truffle Fries and Oreo Cheesecake.

The two signature cocktails: Speakeasy Martini and Rumcake were divine.

• Le Bistro Food: A
  • Le Bistro Service: A+

I had French Onion Soup, Smoke Salmon Dip, Les Quatre Cornets, Filet and The Creme Brulee was to die for. Boyfriend had Escargot, Salad, Boullabaise and Chocolate Napolean. Glass of Veuve Cliquot, Some Port and another delicious drink I cannot recall.

• Tappenyaki Food: A+
  • Tappenyaki Service: A+

Edemame, Seaweed Salad, Garlic Fried Rice come standard. I had steak and chicken and boyfriend had scallops and shrimp. The signature cocktails were amazing and food was too plentiful.

I have a Gluten Allergy and there are tons of options. You can meet with the Maitre D and choose your menu's ahead of time. I did this on night one, but not the rest of the cruise as there were lots of options. I did have Gluten Free waffles one morning for breakfast. They have gluten free buns, pasta, pizza etc if you have a hankering for anything like a burger or pizza.

Pics will come later!

Edited by escentialssoycandles

That's great as it was something I was worried about, that and not be able to get served my drinks quickly. I hope to be in the adults only part for most of my free time, spice h20 ☺

Drinks were pretty much a 5 minute wait everywhere but I was not rushing. Spice H20 was empty most of the time because it was really windy. Bar there, Flamingo Grill and Waterfronts were pretty quick in service. I definitely did not go thirsty!

Rebellious Fish, Toasted Almond, Raspberry Guava Mojito, Coconut Pineapple Mojito and Pina Colada's were my Top 5.

I have a Gluten Allergy and there are tons of options. You can meet with the Maitre D and choose your menu's ahead of time. I did this on night one, but not the rest of the cruise as there were lots of options. I did have Gluten Free waffles one morning for breakfast. They have gluten free buns, pasta, pizza etc if you have a hankering for anything like a burger or pizza.

Pics will come later!

Very happy to hear this

Hi. Did you do any shore excursions?

I am racking my brain working out what to do.

Also did you stop at Great Stir Up so many people saying that the ship never stops there? ?

Sorry it has taken me a couple days, I have a severe double ear and sinus infection and just haven't been able to do much. I will be doing the Ports Review here shortly. Unfortunately we did not stop in GSC because it was really windy so we docked in Nassau.

We drove our 3.5 miles to Miami and parked at our regular place, Premier Parking Cruises Parking Garage. We were at the port at 11 in the pouring rain. Our luggage soaked. We were terminal C and although there were no lines at the terminal - tons at B, once we got into the holding room it was jam packed. We ended up being group 13 and did not board until almost 1 pm.

Others in the group arrived at 10:30 and were group 3 - so I would say arrive between 10-11 or after 1.

I had an informal M&G for CC'ers scheduled for 1 pm, which I was late to.

From the moment we boarded though everything was spectacular!

We had a quick bite at O'Sheehans and met with our new Cruise Critic friends.

Sailaway we did at Sugarcane Mojito Bar on the Waterfront. That started my obsession with the mojitos for the entire cruise. We tried all of them. My favorite was the coconut pineapple and the raspberry guava.