Hover boards on deck

MotherofTrips

I bought my daughter one for Xmas and was hoping to bring it on the ship, not to be used on the ship but for when we were in port only. It got delivered last week and was that heavy I couldn't even pick it up so she is now getting it for her birthday on Friday instead of Xmas and it won't be coming with us.

I don't think I'd like to see them being ridden on the ship.

Liverpool Jo

I sure hope not they where annoying enough on the sidewalks of San Diego I could not imagine them on ship.

They would not work well in port either since once you are outside of the area where ships dock you have small crowded sidewalks. Sure you could hoover board around the area ships dock until security came and took it away....never to be seen again.

Didn't New York just ban then from the streets.

In Toronto the streets are bad enough with escooters being a vehicle one minute then a bike the next same with bike couriers and bikes in general. I wish they would license these ecooters and make them follow the rules of the road, there just too dangerous to be on the already crowded sidewalks.

Hover boards haven't been invented yet.

The OP is talking about a Segway like self balancing device that has two wheels but no handles like a Segway. For some reason they are called hoverboards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think it through... if you are on a hoverboard, the ship will sail away right from underneath you.

Uhhh, no! It doesn't work that way, it is all relative. Your body has already accelerated to the speed of the ship.

Think about jumping up in a jet airliner aisle doing 500 mph. Do you really think you will not land in the same spot you jumped from?

I don't need to think it through, but you might need to! :D

Even with helmet, wrist & knee pads as protection along with gloves, reports are beginning to come from hospital ER about falls and injuries. Better check if insurance will cover even if allowed on the ship n in foreign ports. Yes, NYC has a ban of them on public streets, illegal n ride at your own risks.

IMO, far too unsafe to ride or use on a cruise ship, especially on those *Away class ship.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Edited by mking8288