Chef's Table Menu

jwjax

You get all of it, wear something forgiving.. Did it 2 yrs ago and doing it again with whole family on our upcoming freedom cruis.. Can't wait. :)

Stacy M.

Oh goodness! lol I dont think I would be able to eat that much. My stomach is not that big. Something to think about. Thanks for your response.

I have heard wine is included in this. Can anyone confirm this?

It does include wine. They have a house white or red and it was free flowing.

We did this last year on the Breeze and loved it. Learned a lot about the kitchen and its controlled chaos.

I have heard wine is included in this. Can anyone confirm this?

Yes it is. Sucked for me because we dont drink wine we drink cocktails. Coctails were not included so we watched everyone else get buzzed at no extra charge lol

We we did the chefs table on breeze and September 2014 and for the life of me I can't remember if this was the menu. I remember that everything was great that it was all small portions so all doable but we made a chocolate melting cake. You could have as much Pinot Grigio or Merlot is you wanted during the mail. Since I can't remember any of the food, I'm assuming I had too much Pinot Grigio[emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for posting the menu. I must say this does interest me. How much is this, and is it worth it?

It's $75 and we found it to be the best value for an extra on the ship. At the end when they present your bill you'll find an area to tip - so I'd say it really cost more like $90pp. I imagine the same experience at a private upscale restaurant could easily run $300+ pp.

Besides the food, Carnival provides champagne in the galley and both red and white wines at dinner. They also give everyone a group photo at the end of the meal as well as a nicely personalized commemorative menu.

You have to pace yourself - there really is a lot of food. The whole experience took about 3 1/2 hours.

Only posting to find the menu as it is a different one we did in 2013.

Regarding children, our first experiance with the Chef's Table was in 2011, there was a child, I would say between 10-12 years old. His parent's told us he was earning $1 toward a watch he wanted for each food he tried. He was quiet, polite, got nauseated (a tuna tartar), and earned his watch.

A 3 year old, nope.

I thought the tip was included like the Steakhouse

It is more or less the same principle. You can tip more for the service provided, our experiences have been that it is exceptional. We have done 5 CT's (on Carnival) and the vast majority of people on those tipped extra, right along the lines of mentioned above.

Only posting to find the menu as it is a different one we did in 2013.

Regarding children, our first experiance with the Chef's Table was in 2011, there was a child, I would say between 10-12 years old. His parent's told us he was earning $1 toward a watch he wanted for each food he tried. He was quiet, polite, got nauseated (a tuna tartar), and earned his watch.

A 3 year old, nope.

Totally agree on a 3 year old. When we did a CT on the Breeze there was a 9 year old that hated every and was bored silly by the end, just way to long for a kid to sit through.

While you cannot pick the day, you can submit a request to do it before your board or when you board.

We just got off of the Fascination, and we wanted to go to the Chef's Table again, but waited until the second day to try and reserve a spot. Well, it was booked up. We checked back all week but there were no cancellations. There are only 12 or so spots available on most ships, some have two sessions, but most have only one.

So, booking online or through email is highly recommended, prior to boarding.

When we booked it a year or so back, we sent an email to the maitre d'. We sent the email to fsmaitred@carnival.com. FS for Fascination. It is the same format for the fleet with only the ship name changing.

• 1 month later...
Hopefully I don't get flamed here!! Is it possible to do with a 3 year old?? I would love to do this!!

Someone when we went had an 8 year old with them (A very sophisticated well behaved 8 year old). We had a 5 and 2 year old at the time. We put them in camp Carnival for the night and went just us, no issues. We had the phone with us just in case. It is a bit much for a kid that young, it was at least 3 hours long. Plus they just would not appreciate the food. I would probably allow my now 6 year old to go if he requested to come(and if he were allowed), but he is VERY well behaved and knows how to sit and enjoy a long dinner, and I don't really see him requesting to come anyway. They have more fun in camp playing games.

Oh goodness! lol I dont think I would be able to eat that much. My stomach is not that big. Something to think about. Thanks for your response.

My husband NEVER finishes even just dinner in the MDR, but he managed at least a bite of everything. You can always ask them to send a course to go. They brought his dessert with a dome to take back to the room- he had a bite and saved the rest for later. It's not like a full entree over and over, it's a smaller portion, but still a TON of food. But worth it.

I may not remember this correctly, but I believe the chef on the Paradise in December said it was changing in a couple months. We had same menu posted here, for the 2nd time. First time- July 2015.

We had the previous menu on the Dream in July 2014. (Just checked our pictures and menus.)

That timeline seems consistent with the menu timelines we have records for.

Edited by Runaway Parent

That's the menu we had for NYE cruise on Magic. Food was outstanding and all three CT we have done were the best food experience on a ship in 30+ cruises.

The reservations for CT our usually handled by the Steak House. I Emailed the steak house 2-3 months prior to sailing as it was a sold out NYE cruise and I wanted NYE RSVP at steak house and then the CT on whichever night they were doing it.

I believe it was done two nights on our cruise. I got my confirmation email back in a few days with only a minor adjustment in my requested time for NYE dinner. The email for Magic was MCSUPPER@carnival.com

I was a little disappointed this time vs the last time two years ago on the Dream in regard to the wine. On the Dream they did wine parings with each course. This time it was the same wine (red or white) and there was no recommendation as to what went better with that course.

I would rate the CT on Oasis of the Seas a little better as to the wine parings. But having CT in the galley on Dream and Magic is a great experience.

Question, If I were going to save up and surprise my hubby with chef's table or dinner at the steakhouse (sailing the Breeze in July) what would you choose? Also, how early can you email to get a spot at the chef's table? Thanks!!

If you go to Chef's Table on Carnival's website they have you email event planning and then it goes to the ship maitre'd. Does anyone know if the Breeze holds the whole dinner in the galley. I have read that some ships start in the galley and then have dinner in a private dining room.

As for kids - in all honesty as an adult with grown kids- I would prefer having an almost $200 dinner without kids at the table whether they are well behaved or not. My family sat at the Captain's Table years ago in Alaska and our kids 10 and 8 were bored out of their minds.

Question, If I were going to save up and surprise my hubby with chef's table or dinner at the steakhouse (sailing the Breeze in July) what would you choose? Also, how early can you email to get a spot at the chef's table? Thanks!!

Not sure on your question of what would you choose, there is no choice on the menu. It is a very enjoyable evening, but fairly eclectic menu. Having done 5 on Carnival I would highly recommend it. I would send the email in June (def after final payment).

Given the choice or steakhouse or chefs table,I would opt for the chef's table every time.

You can email them now if you want.

Pre-Cruise Reservation Procedures

Prior to the cruise, guests can send an email to Group Event Planning at*eventplanning@carnival.com.

*Requests must be submitted no later than 7 days prior to the sail date.

The subject line should read ‘Chef’s Table Request’ and the email should include the following information:

Names

Number of guests attending (children must be 12 years of age and older)

Ship and Saildate

Booking Number and Cabin Number

Once onboard, the guest’s Sail & Sign card will be charged.*

Edited by DaytonCruiser

I would choose Chef's Table hands down. The steakhouse is great too, and has a romantic atmosphere, but the Chef's Table is a one of a kind experience. I think you can email any time after you book your cruise.

I also would choose the chefs table, but it depends on your hubby. Will he be okay sitting 3 hours and eating many courses? My hubby gets a little iffy after he eats and doesn't like long dining, but he tags along with me anyway ;) But it wouldn't be a good present for him, he would rather go to Cuccino if he got to pick.