Labadee - Quiet Beach, Calm Waters, shade

Mark O

Can anyone suggest which beach my wife and I (60) would be happiest at if we want a relatively quiet beach, calm waters that we can swim in and chairs at least partially in the shade. We also don't want to pay extra, and want to be able to access the BBQ lunch. Thanks.

Edited by Mark O

The 1st beach you come to is always the most crowded...folks tend to "plop" in the 1st lounger they see!

Keep walking, and you'll find what you're looking for! We found a lovely spot past the 1st beach area with trees and shade, but sun for me...and a short walk to a beach area. We were overlooking water, but it wasn't a swimmable spot. Not a big deal, tho! Very quiet...we were the only ones there for several hours! Close to lunch, too!

Second that for Columbus beach.

Adrenalin beach maybe quiet but to sunny with rocky bottom (big rocks).

Take the shuttle to Columbus than walk to the far end.....

Enjoy Labadee.

Or

Get a suite and enjoy 'barefoot beach, it is sweet.

Sea Ya

Thanks for all the suggestions!

I read that there are lockers to safeguard personal items - are these available at Columbus Cove/Beach?

Also, where is the best swimming if we settle at Columbus Cove/Beach? Would that be at the far end? Or after a walk to another beach with a less rocky bottom?

I read that there are lockers to safeguard personal items - are these available at Columbus Cove/Beach?

Also, where is the best swimming if we settle at Columbus Cove/Beach? Would that be at the far end? Or after a walk to another beach with a less rocky bottom?

Columbus Cove has a pretty smooth bottom. Probably the smoothest of the Labadee beaches.

Never bothered using lockers on Labadee except the time I did the wave runners. What do you need to safeguard?

Edited by Charles4515

We bought a KYS bag that you can lock and attached to our beach chair, we have used it on the last 3 vacations and just love it.

But, never had a problem on Labadee before we had it and we have been there 6 times.

Not saying that nothing never happened to anyone.

But, we lock the bag to the chair.

It has paid for itself a couple times over, we use it back home to.

Sea Ya

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Can anyone suggest which beach my wife and I (60) would be happiest at if we want a relatively quiet beach, calm waters that we can swim in and chairs at least partially in the shade. We also don't want to pay extra, and want to be able to access the BBQ lunch. Thanks.

Columbus Cove would be the spot you are looking for on Labadee.

Guest Relations on the ship can provide a map of the island. Columbus Cove is the furthest from the pier but they had not only a shuttle but also a water ferry from the pier to Columbus Cove, which was much faster than the shuttle and better than walking.

Columbus Cove would be the spot you are looking for on Labadee.

Guest Relations on the ship can provide a map of the island. Columbus Cove is the furthest from the pier but they had not only a shuttle but also a water ferry from the pier to Columbus Cove, which was much faster than the shuttle and better than walking.

Can you give more info on the water ferry? I haven't heard of this option! Where do you get it? Where does it drop you off? How often does it run? Does it usually have as long of a wait as the shuttle?

Can you give more info on the water ferry? I haven't heard of this option! Where do you get it? Where does it drop you off? How often does it run? Does it usually have as long of a wait as the shuttle?

I stumbled upon the water ferry when I exited the ship onto the pier at Labadee. I intended to take the tram shuttle when I saw people lined up and boarding the ferry to Columbus Cove. I had less than a minute wait to board the ferry, there was plenty of seats. I think there are two ferries which alternate between the pier and CC, so the wait time is not long at all. Look for it as you exit the ship, on the right side of the pier...it faces CC.

Drops passengers off at CC pier, just a short walk to the beach itself.

I stumbled upon the water ferry when I exited the ship onto the pier at Labadee. I intended to take the tram shuttle when I saw people lined up and boarding the ferry to Columbus Cove. I had less than a minute wait to board the ferry, there was plenty of seats. I think there are two ferries which alternate between the pier and CC, so the wait time is not long at all. Look for it as you exit the ship, on the right side of the pier...it faces CC.

Drops passengers off at CC pier, just a short walk to the beach itself.

On my sailing they mentioned it in the cruise daily. Also you have to pass it on the pier and they have a sign.

Where they drop off used to be where they dropped off passengers when ships tendered before they built the dock. Columbus Cove at that time was the worse beach because passengers crowded it and many didn't walk to the other beaches. Also the tenders were going back and forth. Since they built the dock at the other end that changed the dynamic it has become the quietest beach because it is the furthest away.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk