I'm on the first page of Cruise Critic :)

Able Seaman H

I posted up the Sojourn Monte Carlo to Athens video on the video section of CC the other day and blow me down if it isn't on the front page of CC.

I'm selecting my outfit ready for the Oscars & keeping my diary free for the deluge of free luxury cruise offers "if I bring the camera."

th_tumbleweed.gif

Henry :)

>

I posted up the Sojourn Monte Carlo to Athens video on the video section of CC the other day and blow me down if it isn't on the front page of CC.

I'm selecting my outfit ready for the Oscars & keeping my diary free for the deluge of free luxury cruise offers "if I bring the camera."

th_tumbleweed.gif

>

That's great news Henry!

Once again thanks for the kind words.

Obviously now I will be surrounded by security when on board but if you speak to my people I'll see if I can fit you in for a quick chat. Please don't ask me for autographs though. I simply won't do them darling....

Not long now & we are back on board. We've actually treated ourselves to a bit of a cabin upgrade so won't be on deck 3 this time ! You know how it is when you get used to the fame & fortune :)

Back to reality, I'm off outside to feed the dogs!

Henry......... Marvellous. Not only are you a good video maker, but you are a lovely man too. I would like to join your fan club please!!:) Judith

You're making me blush ;)

Probably too late to bring out a 2016 fan club calendar. I wonder if Peter Andre fancies teaming up for next year. We're like twins.......

th_tumbleweed.gif

>

What do you think of 4k cameras at this point, a bit premature?

What do you think of 4k cameras at this point, a bit premature?

My own thoughts are that 1080P is quite good enough for what I produce. Let's learn to make decent films first and then if we really think it necessary buy some more pixels.

The irony of 4k is that most current 4k cameras being sold to end users come in the form of wide angle fixed lens devices such as the DJI Osmo. Wide angle lenses (over 90° in the case of the Osmo) rapidly spread the pixels apart as you move away from the lens meaning actually very little detail is captured. You get the impression of detail but no detail.

Compare that to a 1080P image which is zoomed in tightly on the subject and the theoretically poorer image actually has more detail and creates more visual interest.

I looked at getting a drone recently for aerial work but decided in the end not to bother because I want to concentrate on learning to make better videos rather than just throw gimmicks in. I ended up treating myself to a better slider which will get it's first outing on Sojourn in Asia.