Becoming Diamond has been...

A Diamond was booked in each cabin.

Concierge was helpful in getting my internet discount applied, as I was unable to access that benefit, myself. When signing on to wifi it said no benefit available, so just something else I had to chase down.

Well that probably explains why you didn't get all the other benefits. If the computer system didn't have your diamond benefit for wifi, it also probably didn't have the info to generate the invites for the welcome back/top tier events, etc, etc. Did your sea pass cards identify you as diamond?

We just completed our first cruise as diamond in October on Brilliance and other than not getting pins, all of the other benefits were available and great. We especially loved the diamond lounge for the coffee machine and nightly cocktails.

I asked the cabin steward...does not take care of those things. Was referred to C&A.

As for the priority departure sign....none posted for our cruise. I was there...

OceanBoy and others....I must apologize...husband said he did see priority check in at Port Everglades but didn't use because we were detained at security with our first time cruiser friends, then stuck with them at check in to guide them through. So cross that off my list :/

Well that probably explains why you didn't get all the other benefits. If the computer system didn't have your diamond benefit for wifi, it also probably didn't have the info to generate the invites for the welcome back/top tier events, etc, etc. Did your sea pass cards identify you as diamond?

We just completed our first cruise as diamond in October on Brilliance and other than not getting pins, all of the other benefits were available and great. We especially loved the diamond lounge for the coffee machine and nightly cocktails.

Yes, Sea Pass card said Diamond.

Glad all worked out for you, as it does for most others. A let down for those of us it doesn't work out for.

They had the events on your cruise, from your m&m

Cool Cruiser Join Date: Jan 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

Originally Posted by HappyCampers3 View Post

No more diamond events onboard?

We got invited to quite a few C&A events throughout the ship. Made a couple of them

Edited by setsail

Have been diamond for a few years now. Never did get a pin. Never asked for one - no biggie - I wouldn't have worn it anyway. Did get some perks such as invited to brunch with some of the upper level staff and got invited to a tour of the bridge (but it may have also been because we were in a grand suite) Were able to get priority boarding. And of course the Diamond Lounge is always my favorite perk :-)

Brunch with ship officers requires 340 points which is D+

Bridge tour requires 175 points which is D+

I believe priority boarding starts at a lower level than Diamond. However, suite passengers also get priority boarding.

Does the balcony discount become better at Diamond? Because lower levels get balcony discount. Doesn't it start at Platinum?

Yes, as you move up in C&A status the balcony discount gets better. I believe that the biggest increase is when you go from Emerald to Diamond.

Agree, something seems like a disconnect there. When there is smoke ..

FWIW, just off Jewel with 88 points. Never got a pin either, but didn't bother asking. No other real issues.

I have to say that this thread makes my blood boil. If I'm reading correctly, this is your first cruise at Diamond level. Great for you, congratulations on reaching such a valuable milestone. However, the first thing you do is to book 2 balconies (I presume with your diamond discount on both) and spread you and your partner across 2 staterooms with first time cruisers with the specific intent that these first timers will then get all the benefits of diamond status throughout their cruise without ever having set foot on board a RCCL ship before. And you moan and whinge about not getting a bloody pin? You're a complete disgrace, if you ask me. How many people just like you, have had to scrimp and save and spend time accruing their cruise points to reach diamond status without the benefit of someone fast-tracking them to the top. And then being so ungrateful as to complain about a few minor niggles. GROW UP!

Edited by NICruisers

... These first timers will then have had all the benefits of diamond status throughout their cruise without ever having set foot on board a RCCL ship before. ...

That's not how it works on Royal. The non-Diamond guests will get the benefit of the balcony discount, but they are not eligible for any other Diamond perks.

Edited by clarea

I have to say that this thread makes my blood boil. If I'm reading correctly, this is your first cruise at Diamond level. Great for you, congratulations on reaching such a valuable milestone. However, the first thing you do is to good 2 balconies (I presume with your diamond discount) and spread you and your partner across 2 staterooms with first time cruisers. These first timers will then have had all the benefits of diamond status throughout their cruise without ever having set foot on board a RCCL ship before. And you moan and whinge about not getting a bloody pin? You're a complete disgrace, if you ask me. How many people just like you, have had to scrimp and save and spend time accruing their cruise points to reach diamond status without the benefit of someone fast-tracking them to the top. And then being so ungrateful as to complain about a few minor niggles. GROW UP!

Just because you are in a diamond cabin does not mean you get the diamond benefits. You might get priority boarding & debarkation, but you do not have access to the diamond lounge, you do not get a diamond pin, you do not get invited to diamond events ...

I beg to differ folks. My understanding is that each guest in a stateroom will enjoy the benefits of the status of the person booking the stateroom. If the op books a stateroom and his partner books the other (to avail of the discount) and they have each one of the newbies booked to share their rooms, then all 4 will receive full diamond status throughout the cruise.

I beg to differ folks. My understanding is that each guest in a stateroom will enjoy the benefits of the status of the person booking the stateroom. If the op books a stateroom and his partner books the other (to avail of the discount) and they have each one of the newbies booked to share their rooms, then all 4 will receive full diamond status throughout the cruise.

You are confusing Celebrity policy with Royal policy. Royal does not confer C&A perks on roomates.

That is on Celebrity NOT on Royal.

Royals reps actually suggest splitting up to get the discount when you are booking 2 balconies.

Could it be that you have a MISunderstanding?;)