Thank You Offer from Celebrity

TeeRick

We just got off the Reflection and got a Thank You email from Celebrity offering On-Board credit of $50 and up to $200 for suites. Book by 1/29/2016. We booked a new cruise on the ship to get something in the cue. We got the current Go Best promotion for suites when we booked. Once home, we called to cancel it this week and changed it to a new sailing once the new itineraries were announced. I think this is a new booking. I asked them to apply my Thank You offer ($200 OBC) and the celebrity agent said that it could not be combined with we we already had from the ship booking. Here is the fine print in the email:

"Offer is applicable to new individual bookings. Offer is combinable with one other offer, except, Exciting Deals, Book & Go packages".

It seems it should be combinable? Anybody have experience with these "Thank You" emails and offers?

We found that were unable to use the Thank-You promo. When you first look at it, you think that you're getting a legitimate perk, an acknowledgment for a pervious sailing ... in the form of a nice OBC.

Not so, the restriction for "combinable with only one other offer" is deceptive. Most of us book with some kind of deal; they change up the deal titles on an ongoing basis. "Exciting deals" is only one of many. Military, Florida, Senior rates are all considered to be an offer that (combined with a sale price offer), will cancel out this promo deal.

I also recently discovered that using a "Celebrity Passages" advance deposit along with "Exciting Deals" will cancel out this offer. They consider the Advance deposit (with its OBC) to be a promo!

So, the pretty thank-you email is pretty much useless.

We found that were unable to use the Thank-You promo. When you first look at it, you think that you're getting a legitimate perk, an acknowledgment for a pervious sailing ... in the form of a nice OBC.

Not so, the restriction for "combinable with only one other offer" is deceptive. Most of us book with some kind of deal; they change up the deal titles on an ongoing basis. "Exciting deals" is only one of many. Military, Florida, Senior rates are all considered to be an offer that (combined with a sale price offer), will cancel out this promo deal.

I also recently discovered that using a "Celebrity Passages" advance deposit along with "Exciting Deals" will cancel out this offer. They consider the Advance deposit (with its OBC) to be a promo!

So, the pretty thank-you email is pretty much useless.

Thanks for your reply. I think it sums up the situation nicely. Too bad- it is a good marketing idea but it ends up being just the opposite when the customer actually tries to take advantage of it and gets frustrated.

I was able to use the Thank you credit with the drink package, gratuities, and $300 credit. I forget the name Celebrity used for this promo , but it was a good deal for me and my son in another cabin. Looking forward to next December.

I was able to use the Thank you credit with the drink package, gratuities, and $300 credit. I forget the name Celebrity used for this promo , but it was a good deal for me and my son in another cabin. Looking forward to next December.

I was also able to apply the "Thank You for Sailing With Us" OBC of $100 (received in June) to an already existing booking (under 1-2-3GO) on the just completed 11/20/15 Equinox cruise.

Edited by gimletgal

We have four cruises booked with Celebrity and I was not able to use the Thank You. Seems like they only like you if they can get the thank you to bring in a new booking. i need an accessible cabin so we have to book well in advance....no choice. Oh well!

I am on the Reflection now, just got of Silhouette 2 weeks ago so I got this email and took it to Future Cruises where I had just booked a new cruise. They didnt deny I could use it. They took a copy and said they are asking home office if it can be used on my new booking.

Will keep you updated with answer. I am always hopeful and willing to try :-)