E Ticket issue...

dirtydeedsdonecheap

So this has me a little confused..

Today I got an email from Cunard saying our tickets were ready and baggage labels can be printed out. Choice. We can't login into VP though. Sweet.

What confuses me is this..

Our final payment is due on the 30th December - so why are able to get our tickets etc? Surely final payment would be needed.

Anyone care to shed some light on why/how this happens?

Thanks,

Scott

We must be on the same cruise then? We join in Hong Kong.

Neat.

Have you been able to access the VP? :)

If you are on a leg of the world cruise your etickets are available now as it is 5-7 weeks before the start of the world cruise.

I am on a leg of the world cruise on QE and it is about 11 weeks before I join and my tickets are ready now.

Chez

If you are on a leg of the world cruise your etickets are available now as it is 5-7 weeks before the start of the world cruise.

I am on a leg of the world cruise on QE and it is about 11 weeks before I join and my tickets are ready now.

Chez

Hi Chez, just wonderring if you or anyone else on the QE wc have received your excursion book or docs yet? We are on the QV wc and have no docs other than that online. Cuanrd have told our travel agent that they were posted out on 11 November which sounds rather bizarre they have not den received yet....

thanks...

Roscoe

Hi Chez, just wonderring if you or anyone else on the QE wc have received your excursion book or docs yet? We are on the QV wc and have no docs other than that online. Cuanrd have told our travel agent that they were posted out on 11 November which sounds rather bizarre they have not den received yet....

thanks...

Roscoe

HI Roscoe,

I have not received any excursion book or docs yet. I did speak to my TA last week as some of the information was incorrect on my e-ticket and she did not mention any thing.

Mind you this will be my 2nd cruise on QE and I have never had a excursion book or official docs so not holding my breath.

Chez

Yes have access to VP for a long time guessing something like 6 weeks but could be longer. All printed and ready to go but have another 3 months and 3 days to wait!!!

We have received our cruise documents for both our Queen Victoria and then our B2B with Queen Mary 2 cruises twice. I find this strange as I have not even paid my final payment on the QM2 cruise!:D

There's nothing in the book that's not in the Voyage Personaliser. They used to show a plan of your deck with the stateroom highlighted but even that has been removed.

thanks guys., I'm aware there is nothing new in the actual book but it is nice to have a hard copy when you are on board, it saves you having to log on to the internet to look at upcoming ports for excursions or waiting for the one copy down at the travel office. Its really the only thing I want in the docs, my travel agent was told by cunard that they were posted out on the 17th of November, I was pretty sure at the time it was hokum but thought Id give them the benefit of the doubt. I leave to start travelling in about 3 weeks so was keen on getting it sorted before i left.

IN the past of course we got it well in advance....things aint what they were lol....

hope you all have a fabulous trip, we are in Hong Kong when the QM2 is in town so we get to catch up ...briefly.

best regards and travels...Roscoe

Edited by roscoe39

thanks...

Roscoe

Roscoe

I'm UK based and my excursion book arrived today

Martin

Pool Boy

I am UK based and depaRt on QV 10 Jan. and still don't have one. So you still don't have yours Roscoe!

Jill

Hi Neffie, finally one half of my excursions book has arrived, they seem to have give me one for Souton to Sydney, still awaiting my Sydney to Souton, I might have to pick it up when we call in here half way round! Thanks Poole Boy, interesting you got yours so soon, maybe they got the lesser ships out of the way first and left the real patriarch of the fleet till last...................

(joke)

Neffie

Does this help you at all? This is from the Cunard site.

Who receives pre cruise information via post?

Cunard and Early Saver Fares will be sent a pre voyage mailing by post, although passengers can opt for e-docs.

Saver and other promotional fares (including F&F & Nett rates) will always be e-docs.

The shore excursions brochure can be accessed from Voyage Personaliser within the 'Your Holiday Information' section approximately 12 weeks prior to departure. Here you are able to select the areas of interest in order to create a personalised brochure which you are able to then print. Alternatively, a shore excursion brochure will be sent to you approximately 8 weeks prior to cruise departure.

Edited by LadyL1

Roscoe

Going to give them another call on Monday. Cunard and TA keep passing the book. Which sent you yours?

My booking was through a UK agent but the booklet came from Cunard UK. Jane had asked them on my behalf where the booklet was and was told on several occasions it had been actioned, that was over a period of months so either the post was really really slow or she was being fobbed...

Im still missing half but hoping it will be waiting for me when we call into my home port on the way round and I can pick it up then.

Edited by roscoe39