Enchantment boarding time tips please

Roamer321

Checkin time is 10:30a-2:30p. I believe boarding can start at 11:00a. I have heard that the only dining option open early is the Windjammer and that it is packed early. We are bringing just carry on luggage and will not be giving any thing to the porters.

We live in Orlando and can arrive anytime. I was thinking if we had lunch before boarding and then got to the port about 12n we would miss some of the early crowds.

Does this sound right? Any other tips that would make boarding smoother would be appreciated.

The earlier you're on, the less crowded the WJ will be. Or, eat a late breakfast and go AFTER the feeding frenzy! There is no law that says you MUST eat as the 1st thing you do..... You can never tell when the bulk of the folks will show up....

Edited by cb at sea

The Park Cafe in the Solarium will be open on boarding day.....at least it was when we sailed a few weeks ago...

It is open, though on our cruise a few months ago, it opened a little later than Windjammer on boarding day.

Enchantment boarding starts at 10:45 (as long as debarkation goes OK, and the ship gets cleared on time) You would have a bigger line at noonish than at 10:30 (Typically)

Park Café Opens at Noon on boarding day. I usually go there to escape the Windjammer Crowd.

Edited by Firefighterhoop

The earlier the less busy as stated. Once about 12:30ish hits the windjammer is very busy based on my 4 cruises on her.

Dragging carry on luggage seems like a pain, especially if you are planning on getting there around noon. Why not just drop it with the porters and about an hour later or so it should be at your room.

Park café is a good place as well. Not as busy, quieter and good food there.

We live in Orlando and can arrive anytime. I was thinking if we had lunch before boarding and then got to the port about 12n we would miss some of the early crowds.

We're about 1 hour north of Port Canaveral. I wish we would do this, but DH always seems to be in a hurry to get parked and get on board ASAP.

... We live in Orlando and can arrive anytime. I was thinking if we had lunch before boarding and then got to the port about 12n we would miss some of the early crowds....

If you want to avoid crowds, I'd plan to arrive around 1:30pm. By that time, the staterooms are open, and there are no lines in the terminal.

We're about 1 hour north of Port Canaveral. I wish we would do this, but DH always seems to be in a hurry to get parked and get on board ASAP.

I am not sure why you would want to do that, if you live so close and don't have to travel far at all.

Either you want to get there early to beat the rush, get settled, enjoy some lunch in peace...OR you want to show up at last min so that you avoid the crazy busy lines to get on, miss the packed windjammer and be able to access your room as soon as you walk on etc...

But to say you WANT to show up at the busiest time doesn't make any sense to me at all.

Dragging carry on luggage seems like a pain, especially if you are planning on getting there around noon. Why not just drop it with the porters and about an hour later or so it should be at your room.

That is a really good idea. After I hefted the small carry on that we just packed I think i will do just that.:)

We were on Enchantmemt in Nov. We checked in at 10:20. Suites and c&A boarded 10:35, general boarding (us) boarded 10:45 and were on board by 10:50. Wj opened 11:30. There was a line to get in before it opened. It was a circus within five mins of opening. Park cafe opened at 12:30 I think (or possibly 12 noon).

Lunch is only one part of the first day, personally I like to get on board and enjoy the ship from as early as possible! Although WJ was rammed rest of ship was quiet, nice to walk around.

• 1 year later...
Sorry to resurrect such an old thread but wanted some updated info about a good boarding time.

What is a good time to board where the crowds are light?

What is the name of the nice park and ride?

After 2pm, but be sure it's at least 90 minutes prior to scheduled sailing.

Edited by clarea

Our experience was similar to that of FireFighterHoop. We arrived at about 10:30, waited in line a total of 15 minutes, including the security check point, and once we were through with that, we walked right into the big room where you get checked in and there were literally no lines, so we got our sea pass cards and walked right onto the ship. We were on by 10:45/10:50 and yes, you have to wait until 11 or 11:30 to each (I think it is 11). We were on the Enchantment just about 4 or 5 weeks ago. The Park Cafe did open later it seemed, so I think FireFighterHoop is right on the noon opening of that too.

Just stepped off the Enchantment this morning after a wonderful 3 night cruise. We got to the terminal around 10:30 after a very early morning flight. Never waited in line and literally walked onto the ship at 10:45. It was incredible!

Windjammer opened at 11:30 and Park Cafe opened at 11:45.

Just received an email that our designated boarding time for this Friday has been pushed back about half an hour with departure is 6pm, first time I've had a change like that.

Also, they mentioned we're departing from a temporary terminal in the northeast corner of the pier and returning to G.

• 3 weeks later...
Just received an email that our designated boarding time for this Friday has been pushed back about half an hour with departure is 6pm, first time I've had a change like that.

Also, they mentioned we're departing from a temporary terminal in the northeast corner of the pier and returning to G.

Are you talking about the enchantment or the Majesty?