Anthem...Getting Nervous....

Nessa1dc

I just read some of the reviews concerning the Anthem out of Bayonne, NJ. The November sailing didn't seem to go too well. I have a question:

1. We have done the on-line sign in....we are scheduled to arrive between 11:30am - 12:00pm...I understand they are having long lines to get to the pier...what time should we get there? and can we arrive earlier than our appointment time? Also, do they still have the regular check-in in case the online doesn't work?

... Also, do they still have the regular check-in in case the online doesn't work?

Yes, they still allow check-in at the cruise terminalif you have not completed online check-in.

Edited by clarea

Yes, you can get there early (like 10 or 10:30). You may have to wait in the terminal reception area after checking in, but in our experience, boarding began around 11 so we were able to walk right on without waiting.

I was on Quantum (when the crew had transitioned to the China crew) and I had a great time. Enjoy the crew and they will help you enjoy your vacation. I loved the look of the ship and the activities. Yes, technology could be improved but RCI needs to do that across the board. They may have bitten off more than they could chew but seem to be working on it. I am booked for Anthem and looking forward to it.

I just completed the online check-in as well and I could not figure out what our appointment was? Doesn't say anywhere on the SetSail pass, all I see is Boarding Group C up on top. Where do you, guys, see it? :confused:

Mine also says boarding group C. How are you getting to the ship (transportation-wise). I'm on a transfer from the airport and I thought maybe this was why?

Please don't be nervous. We were on November 10 sailing. We found it painless. We probably got there around 10am or a bit later. No lines. Dropped luggage off. Parked straight ahead in new garage. In our case, checked in with person right inside terminal doors. Got on board a few minutes later.

Our check-in time was 10:30am. I am sure you could arrive a bit earlier than your assigned time.

Have fun!!