Anybody tried a belt free pouch on a cruise?

dulcimergirl

I just spotted these, and ordered me some for my upcoming cruise. I usually keep my card and money in a pocket or bra, but thought these would be nice when I wasn't wearing pockets.

On the Go Pouch

They look like they would come in handy, and be great especially for formal nights when my dressy pants don't have pockets. I'm hoping a lipstick can fit in there too.

Heck, I can't get the link to work, I googled belt free pouch and it came up though.

Any body else tried these?

Saw these (or something very similar) at the LA Fair in September.

The ones we saw had a very strong magnet and came in several. Would be ok onboard but wouldn't wear it anywhere that potentially has pick pockets. Didn't like that they were relatively heavy (the magnet?), they'd pull down a lightweight pant (I was wearing a light pair of capris when testing it out). Also didn't like the feel inside my waistband.

http://www.qvc.com/On-the-Go-Belt-Free-Pouch-by-Lori-Greiner.product.H202810.html

I think this is the one I saw at the Fair

http://theroosport.com

Edited by SadieN

Yes..the magnet will clear your room key (credit cards are much sturdier than room keys..won't hurt them).....why not just carry a very small purse on the ship? Mine is "clutch" size, but with a strap...easy and lightweight....room enough for the room key, lipstick, comb and tissues!

Edited by cb at sea

I wonder if the magnet will bother credit or room cards? Uh oh, this might not be a good idea.

Being snug-up to your (cell) phone will clear your roomkey, even if the "cell" part isn't on. I use my Note3 as my only camera, and so carry it in a MAGNET-FREE neck wallet when on vacation. I also USED to carry my S&S card in/on a lanyard. Front desk kept telling me it was my phone erasing my key and I didn't believe them because I commonly carry a credit card in my non-neck phone wallet (and it's never been damaged).

Well, CB was correct that credit cards are harder to erase than S&S cards -- after I moved my roomkey to a clipon holder at my waistband NO MORE ERASURE! Front desk was right after all!

Edited by crystalspin

Yes..the magnet will clear your room key (credit cards are much sturdier than room keys..won't hurt them).....why not just carry a very small purse on the ship? Mine is "clutch" size, but with a strap...easy and lightweight....room enough for the room key, lipstick, comb and tissues!

I hate having anything dangling from my wrist or have anything in my hands while wandering about the ship.. I'm old and wobbly and need hands for safety rails and such.

I will only carry the key card, and some cash, and a lipstick, and maybe my camera... if it fits. Will see.

I have a Roosport bag that I use when running. They're convenient and you can put a couple of cards, some cash, phone, etc. in the pouch. The more you carry, the more it will bulge!

I've had my Seapass card demagnetized many times, and those pouches have super strong magnets. I wonder if one of those RFID envelopes would help with that?