Can't Print Set Sail Pass for Saturday!!!

Lveh8lve

I'm on Anthem and it won't let me print my set sail pass!! I spoke with 2 reps and it's unusual that they closed printing so early. So be warned: print your set sail passes EARLY! And make sure your printer has ink too (which caused the delay in my case) :(

I'm on Anthem and it won't let me print my set sail pass!! I spoke with 2 reps and it's unusual that they closed printing so early. So be warned: print your set sail passes EARLY! And make sure your printer has ink too (which caused the delay in my case) :(

This happened to us once. No ink in the printer. :eek: Had to go to a neighbors house and do it. Lesson Learned. Hope you were able to resolve your problem and have a wonderful cruise.

I think it's standard that you can't do it once within 3 days of sailing.

I think it's standard that you can't do it once within 3 days of sailing.

Per RCI it's 24 hours for printing. They had no idea why they closed it early. Mine was 100% complete, I just needed to print it and the silly ink was out on my printer!!!

Per RCI it's 24 hours for printing. They had no idea why they closed it early. Mine was 100% complete, I just needed to print it and the silly ink was out on my printer!!!

The RCI rep may have told you that but this reminder is right on their page:

You must complete and print your SetSail Pass 3 days prior to your sail date.

It sounds like you are already on the Anthem. If are doing a B2B, you do not need a Set Sail Pass for the next cruise. You probably already got the notice of a meeting for the B2B people about the procedures for getting set up for the next cruise. That meeting usually the day before the ship docks. If by some screw-up, you did not get this notice, go talk to Guest Services about it NOW.

Actually I re-read the entire page over and over no where it states printed. Everything was complete I just couldn't print it. It's a stupid policy, how would printing effect anything?

It sounds like you are already on the Anthem. If are doing a B2B, you do not need a Set Sail Pass for the next cruise.

The OP is SAILING "on Anthem." Note the thread title says the OP is sailing on Saturday (and trying to print the SSP within three days of sailing).

Take it from an IT guy - the best printers in the industry are the ones located at the public library:

- A few cents per page

- No ink refills to worry about

- No printers to own

This would apply to those of us who rarely have the need for a printer.

Take it from an IT guy - the best printers in the industry are the ones located at the public library:

- A few cents per page

- No ink refills to worry about

- No printers to own

This would apply to those of us who rarely have the need for a printer.

I'm in IT too. I bought a stupid brother printer and couldn't get the black ink anywhere. It shipped from Canada. I would of used air print at a local electronics store (which you can actually get to work most of the time), but it never stated printed within 3 days. The check In is fully complete too. The reps were nice and did state that printing is available until 24 hrs prior to cruise once completed, this one they closed early.

Is this different for Anthem?

I can still print my SetSail pass for tomorrow's cruise (Dec 14) on Serenade. The site only indicates that it must be completed 3 days prior to the sail date.

Online Check-In must be completed 3 days prior to your saildate.

Completing Online Check-In for all the guests in your reservation will save you from having to fill out forms at the pier and must be completed 3 days prior to your sail date.

Edited by Keasel

If your printer is out of ink, print it as an exported PDF and save it to your computer.

I use "print to PDF" in Google Chrome and save it to Google Drive (cloud).

Then you can print that PDF to any printer available.

I do a similar procedure as a back up on my Windows laptop I bring with us when cruising. I select print and instead of sending it to the printer I use the Microsoft XPS document writer option thus saving it as a xps document in my cruise travel folder on my computer.

Its easy to do and the saved document can be used to print new Set Sail Passes anytime, even on embarkation day, as long as you have access to a printer. One could even attached these to an email to themselves so they could be accessed from another internet accessing device.

Edited by robtulipe