Shorter cruise attire

De Colores

This is our first short 4 day cruise over Christmas. We have always done 7-10 day cruise and have no idea what to pack. What is the typical attire. Are there any formal nights? I was thinking business attire for Christmas day and casual-dressy attire for the other 3 nights. Would love some imput.

Thanks..

DH and I did a 4-night cruise in late October and it was not dressy at all. For the one "formal" night, I wore dress slacks with a nice top, and DH wore slacks and a collared polo, which he was very self-conscious about. We were living in transition at the time, and his suits/jackets/etc. were still in storage. While most of the men were wearing sport jackets, we did see a few suits and even one or two tuxes. For the other 3 nights, we wore what we would have worn on any cruise. For the most part, the short cruises are much less formal. Go and have a relaxing cruise!

I am thinking it will be less kids as most families wont' want to take their kids on a cruise and bring presents. I am thinking it will be a older crowd. I am hoping I am correct. We sailed Celebrity at Thanksgiving last year and never again due to too many kids. i have kids and love kids but not at this stage..unless they are my own!!!

Well good luck. I think the NYE cruise would have less kids.

Have fun

Only if "less" means 927 children instead of 930 children. :eek: