Royal not so loyal

contessa1

May I suggest that in the future, you use a travel agent. Last year, we booked a 7-night cruise out of Copenhagen. But, we weren't feeling really excited about the cruise. We had anticipated taking the British Isles cruise, but RC hasn't sailed that itinerary for 2 years or so.

Then, my wife saw the 12-night cruise out of Harwich to Norway and Iceland. So, my wife called our travel agent, and she easily rebooked us with no penalties whatsoever.

Granted, we did this about 9 months before our departure date, but I get the feeling that travel agents can do things that individuals dealing with RC by themselves can't.

May I suggest that in the future, you use a travel agent. Last year, we booked a 7-night cruise out of Copenhagen. But, we weren't feeling really excited about the cruise. We had anticipated taking the British Isles cruise, but RC hasn't sailed that itinerary for 2 years or so.

Then, my wife saw the 12-night cruise out of Harwich to Norway and Iceland. So, my wife called our travel agent, and she easily rebooked us with no penalties whatsoever.

Granted, we did this about 9 months before our departure date, but I get the feeling that travel agents can do things that individuals dealing with RC by themselves can't.

You were before final payment so anyone with a US or Canadian booking could have easily rebooked that cruise. The OP is after final payment so they can not move a booking without paying a penalty. Some have had the cruise line show compassion and allow them to rebook without penalty if there was a death or a medical reason, but not all. Some, like us, have had to file an insurance claim because the cruise line would not let us move all of our funds to a more expensive cruise. Their loss, we chose not to take the cruise we had found as a replacement.

I just returned this morning from a 12 day western Caribbean on the Anthem.the ship is beautiful...the embarkation was quick and stress free...however it seems as if Royal's new concept of cruising on Anthem really falls flat.

Staff was wonderful,very helpful even though they seem to be out there on their own without much direction from management. Food was not good at all.once again staff tried their best but I've come to expect much more from Royal Caribbean and they definitely did not deliver.

That said, I am booked once again on the Jan. 25 cruise on the Anthem...same itinerary. Had I known before booking my January cruise that I would return home today for the first time in 30 cruises as disappointed as I am, I would never have booked a second one on Anthem.

I just got off the phone with a rep from Royal and asked if it is possible to change my sailing date and embarkation port from Anthem on 1/25 to Grandeur

From Baltimore on 2/3. I was promptly told no that this would be a cancellation.

This regardless of the fact that the sailing on the Grandeur was 10 days as opposed to the Anthem that was 2 days longer (12 days) and the Grandeur would cost me an additional $200 for a shorter time at sea. I asked for no price reduction, no special accommodations just a lateral move from one ship to another. The rep checked again with his supervisor and advised me that "the system" would view this as a cancellation and since final payment was already made I would be subject a penalty. I asked if this could not be done manually. I was told no...."the system will show it as a cancellation".

I am extremely annoyed at this point by Royal who apparently expects US to be loyal but when it comes to making an exception for a very Loyal customer I suppose the same treatment is not in order.

Contessa, we are all rather disappointed that you have not returned to the thread to let us know if you called C&A 800-526-9723 and had a different, more satisfactory outcome.

But if you are still "stuck" returning to the Anthem on January 25, here is your silver lining:

*I* am on that cruise! Find me. We can all have fun together.

Join the Roll Call! It's not too late. :)

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2031960&page=41

You were before final payment so anyone with a US or Canadian booking could have easily rebooked that cruise. The OP is after final payment so they can not move a booking without paying a penalty. Some have had the cruise line show compassion and allow them to rebook without penalty if there was a death or a medical reason, but not all. Some, like us, have had to file an insurance claim because the cruise line would not let us move all of our funds to a more expensive cruise. Their loss, we chose not to take the cruise we had found as a replacement.

Exactly.

Huge, ENORMOUS, Gigantic, Monumental, 1,000,000% difference.

Before final payment vs After final payment.

Just no comparison.

Not the same situation in any way, shape or form.

I must agree that just because someone is paying more for a shorter cruise does not mean that the company will make more profit. There is time spent to rearrange these things and costs involved. That would be why their business model has established those rules.

It would seem that, in the name of good PR, those rules can be bent when it is necessary. When there has been some unexpected event or other problems. So they do have some wiggle room for compassionate reasons. So not completely rigid.

Having said that I do fail to see where the OP has a reason that justifies them bending the rules. The reason to change is just personal choice. It's fair enough asking if they would consider a change, and fair dues if they oblige, but these things should be considered by merit.

(No .... I do not wear Diamond studded C&A underwear ;) )

Wow some folk are being really hard on the OP.

Last year, and after final payment was made, we had an Allure trip one week and a Freedom the following. All payments were made in full the week prior. I called RC and asked if I could move the Freedom $$$ to a week on Allure to make it a b2b/consecutive cruise. I was placed on hold for about 20 minutes and the Rep came back saying yes they will transfer the cruise.

So yes YES they will accommodate the OP.