Question about EZ Air

Mary Ann 2

We re-booked our cruise this summer to get the EZ air sale. Now I'm wondering if there a way to use our American Airlines credit card to get free bags with EZ Air? Seems like Princess will pay it, and we will not be able to get free bags.... Anyone ever try this and figure out how to do?

We re-booked our cruise this summer to get the EZ air sale. Now I'm wondering if there a way to use our American Airlines credit card to get free bags with EZ Air? Seems like Princess will pay it, and we will not be able to get free bags.... Anyone ever try this and figure out how to do?

We tried this last month. It was a no.

We have a United Club visa card, it allows 2 free bags pp if the card is used.

We booked United but it was through Princess.

We did pay for everything on the card however.....

You pay Princess and Princess pays the airline. :(

Edited by Colo Cruiser

As a Delta skymiles member we generally get free bags due to our Delta/Amex card, I believe even if we don't use our card to purchase the tickets. In this case if we purchased through Princess EZAir I would assume we would still get the free baggage allowance??

As a Delta skymiles member we generally get free bags due to our Delta/Amex card, I believe even if we don't use our card to purchase the tickets. In this case if we purchased through Princess EZAir I would assume we would still get the free baggage allowance??

We flashed the card at the ticket counter at check in and got our bag free.

Delta does not require the ticket to be purchased with the Amex Skymiles card. Just that you have the card.

I used to fly American and it's my recollection that they had the same policy about the Citi card, but I could be wrong. With regard to USAir/AA it is only recently that they finished this merger--for some time the card benefits did not apply to USAir flights.

Edit: Now that I think about this, I'm sure it's fine. We booked through Celebrity's equivalent program and got our free bag on AA a few years back.

Edited by huskerc

Delta does not require the ticket to be purchased with the Amex Skymiles card. Just that you have the card.

I used to fly American and it's my recollection that they had the same policy about the Citi card, but I could be wrong. With regard to USAir/AA it is only recently that they finished this merger--for some time the card benefits did not apply to USAir flights.

Edit: Now that I think about this, I'm sure it's fine. We booked through Celebrity's equivalent program and got our free bag on AA a few years back.

I booked a free flight using my AA miles in July 2014 with my flights actually being on USair. Due to my status on AA, I get 2 free bags and USair honored it as well as up front in the cheap seats.

The card needs to be linked to you Frequent Flyers number. You do not need to have paid with your card.

Hope you are right. That would be great! The TA took our Frequent Flyers numbers. I will take moki'smommy advice and flash the card at the counter also. In addition, we may use the card to upgrade to Main Seat Extra just for good measure and to link the card to the reservation that way.

Thanks everyone!