Celebrity Eclipse live observations, 12/13

perditax

If you see Vinod again please tell him hello from Allan and Karen. We've had him as our waiter twice. He's wonderful.

(Allan is a vegan and I'm a vegetarian so he should remember us - yes we're those pain-in-the-neck passengers.)

We'll be on the Eclipse again this coming February and look forward to seeing him again.

The songs you didn't know were:

Killers - Somebody Told Me

Lady Gaga - Edge of Glory

Green Day - 21 Guns

I mostly agree with your assessment of the Rock show. They should have had at least one male tenor and Smells Like Teen Spirit didn't belong. I thought Under the Bridge was an odd choice as well.

One general comment on the music in general is that it wasn't very loud. Some might like this, but in certain venues it was very odd. Anywhere the House Band was playing always seemed relatively quiet. And in the nightclub, the DJ's mix was super low. On the last night, it was relatively crowded in there and during both Karaoke and the DJ, you could hardly hear the music.

I was there too and I found that the setlist was somewhat weak... I mean Lady Gaga is not ''rock'', the show was suppose to revolve around most recognizable rock song (as advertised) and about 40% of the songs were not in that category.

Also many arrangements were just weird...

OP:

Thanks for taking us along with you. Your writing and observations were quite enjoyable!

Host Andy:

Thanks for the (mostly) unprecedented explanation and reinstatement of a post. Restores my faith.... :)

I'll bet anything the waiter liked fries so he thought you might like them also.

Most of them try SO HARD to please.

The waiter's name wasn't by any chance Vinod was it?

We've had him for the last 2 years and he actually cried when we left last year.

We just got off the same cruise as the poster of this thread. Had to comment when you mentioned Vinod. Vinod is the best waiter we have ever had! What a sweet man.

We just got off the same cruise as the poster of this thread. Had to comment when you mentioned Vinod. Vinod is the best waiter we have ever had! What a sweet man.

Yes, he is!

I don't know why but when the OP wrote that the waiter kept bringing her french fries I thought it might be him.

If he thought we liked something he just kept bringing more of it.

We're on the Eclipse again in February and I'm hoping he'll still be there.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, old friend.

I guess I shouldn't wonder why you've not returned to wrap this one up & splash us with pics. That's so unfortunate. Or in other words: I was robbed!!!! No, really. Your perspective is obviously well-appreciated in spite of whatever else went down.

I like seeing your reflection of the Dream. She is beautiful. I may be a bit bored with her but she is beautiful and I'll always love her. My very first cruise.

In terms of entertainment/shows variety my top nod still goes to Royal's Allure. It's been a few years but the variety of shows and quality really was good. Better than Disney on the variety for sure.

I just can't say enough how much I love your style, your unapologetic honesty. Those are not bad things. I like it. Straight up. Other Gen-Xers need this in our lives.

That's all. Hope to talk soon.

Kelly

Not sure you're still checking the thread, but I also came looking. I'm not sure what drama ensued, but I am glad I found your report. While we've got Disney booked, I'm definitely curious about other lines. Your first timer perspective is great. Hope you're working out details for the next trip!

Thank you so much for your review! It was fun and fair. You are the type of person that this GenXer always wants to meet on a cruise, though I would drive an introvert like you nuts!:D

I have to work on my next cruise, so I especially enjoyed hearing where you went to write! This will be a challenge for me.

• 1 month later...
At the front of the ship in the spa area is the Relaxation Room. Big loungers and soft spa type music, and wonderful citrus-infused water you can drink. Windows are wonderful. They use the room on occasion for people awaiting their spa treatments, but anyone can go in there and sit and relax, read, sleep, do needlework, whatever. On our last TA I spent many hours in the Relaxation Room. It'd be a nice place to write.

Incorrect. Not for general use.

Attendants were enforcing the rules on our cruises and carding us

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm on Eclipse on the way back to Miami and I LOVED IT. I'm far from a cruise connoisseur, but the staff has been wonderful, the food in the Moonlight Sonata dining room has been terrific (with one exception...the Top Chef night) and we've met some lovely people. The shows have been very entertaining. If I disliked anything it was the harassment on the islands, and the fact that they all looked alike after awhile. I'm a senior, so look for different things than many. I certainly found them on Celebrity.

Oh how I loved reading this review.... your writing is spectacular and so enjoyable. I want to thank you for writing this... A review is simply that,

someone's personal experience and opinion. And yours is greatly valued!!

I hope you write more trip reports soon. I would gladly follow along just

to read your superior writing.....

Thanks again

• 2 weeks later...