Cruising with a selfie stick

Revdoll

I like to go on YouTube and search for videos of cruise ships or places that I'm interested in. Seems like more and more, what I get are videos of people with a selfie stick aimed at them the entire time while walking around these places. [emoji36]

To those of you who do this: Your videos are annoying. The only person enjoying them is you (even your best friend and family members are probably not enjoying them either). If you still feel the need to post a video of you walking around, at least give it the correct title. Don't name it "Eastern Caribbean cruise aboard the Carnival Valor", name it "Video of me using a selfie stick". That would be greatly appreciated and save me some time when conducting a YouTube search. Thank you!

LOL that is so true, great post.

That's like saying they don't allow roller skates but they allow wheelchairs. :rolleyes:

?? Not sure how that compares at all. That's like saying apples are just like watermelons. They both are fruit but that is all. Roller skates and wheelchairs have wheels but that is all.

tigercat

?? Not sure how that compares at all. That's like saying apples are just like watermelons. They both are fruit but that is all. Roller skates and wheelchairs have wheels but that is all.

tigercat

No different than comparing a selfie stick and a cane as a previous poster did. They are both metal (usually) and long but one helps narcissistic people and the other helps disabled people. :rolleyes:

I have been run into with electric wheelchairs, should they be banned as well? Let's get rid of cell phones too, people do not pay attention when they are talking on them. I plan on taking a selfie stick on my next cruise. No I will not be walking around filming myself, but there has been times that I would like to take a picture of my wife and I and sometimes there is no one there to take the picture for me (or I don't feel like bothering someone else).

Looking at all of the pictures in the photo gallery, there are more than just the people with selfies that like to have their picture taken.:)

• 2 weeks later...

I used to think they were for self absorbed narcissists. A friend came to the house while my extended family was over and got really good pictures of us together using one. I purchased one a couple of weeks ago and plan on bringing it on the cruise with us. I can't think of a good reason to hold it over the water. Perhaps take a pic or two of my wife and I while our backs are against the water, for sure.

We'll have good pictures of us together using it. I think its a win product. Its just the name which leaves connotations of self absorbed narcissists. I got over that, i am glad i did.

Edited by Neozuel

We don't own an 'selfie stick' and likely never will.

What it comes down to is people using common sense when they do use them. It seems likely many forget or don't care that they usually infringe on someone else's personal space....In order for them to get the 'perfect' picture.

Common sense these days, however, is not very common.:eek:

I was in the waiting room of a colonoscopy clinic where a few dozen people were waiting to go in or waiting for a patient to be finished and come out. A member of the staff walked through and into the clinic with a selfie stick. There was silence, a bit of snickering then wholesale laughter among the assembled. Those waiting to take people home enjoying a guffaw a bit more than those waiting to go in.