Social Internet Plan and Airline Website?

torwa

no it doesn't.....I had the social media pkg. which was great....but I had to buy a 1 day internet pkg. to check in for my flight.....decided next time to get the internet pkg. if I am flying.

Can you tell me what the 1 day internet pkg cost is? I'm on the Glory if that matters.

Is it the premium $25 per day?

Edited by reno3

They say the plan works but I tried and tried and it never did! I ended up asking someone who had one of the other higher priced plans to let me use their computer time to get the boarding pass. I offered to pay them something for their time.

That finally worked!

They say the plan works but I tried and tried and it never did! I ended up asking someone who had one of the other higher priced plans to let me use their computer time to get the boarding pass. I offered to pay them something for their time.

That finally worked!

Did it right from my iPhone no problems. I used the apps from each airline.

I was on one of the ship's computers and it did NOT work and even other people tried it for me in case I was doing something wrong and it did NOT work.

I was not on a smart phone.

Perhaps they have fixed it since October and it will work now on their computers?

I was on one of the ship's computers and it did NOT work and even other people tried it for me in case I was doing something wrong and it did NOT work.

I was not on a smart phone.

Perhaps they have fixed it since October and it will work now on their computers?

Hmmmm. Don't know. All I can speak from is what the plan says it will do and from my experience. I bought it so I could get us checked in and get my mobile boarding pass. Worked fine on my iPhone, not sure about their computers as I never tried it. Anyway, the answer is yes it works for airline websites for smartphones using the apps. Questionable as to the ship's computers.

I would have gone to GS and asked for a refund since it says that it is supposed to work with airline websites.

Perhaps the system was too busy with soo many people using it at the same time??

I was not so concerned about the $5 as I was about getting the boarding passes. I was not the only person having this issue. There were many many unhappy frustrated folks!!

Perhaps the system was too busy with soo many people using it at the same time??

I was not so concerned about the $5 as I was about getting the boarding passes. I was not the only person having this issue. There were many many unhappy frustrated folks!!

That very well could be. I got online about 11:30PM. I would have been very frustrated as well! Hopefully they have it straightened out now.

I think everyone is confusing the OP. There are three packages available: 1) Social Media $5day/$25 cruise, 2) Value $16day/$60 cruise, or Premium $25 day/$99 cruise. The social media site will only allow access to social media sites (FB, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, etc.). I've bought the social media package twice now and had to upgrade on the final day to the value plan to check into flights. Now I don't know if that was a connectivity issue but I could not access my airline's website without upgrading.

Edited by imluvncruzn

I think everyone is confusing the OP. There are three packages available: 1) Social Media $5day/$25 cruise, 2) Value $16day/$60 cruise, or Premium $25 day/$99 cruise. The social media site will only allow access to social media sites (FB, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, etc.). It will NOT allow you access to other websites or apps. You can upgrade to the Value package on the last day so you can check into your flights. I've bought the social media package twice now and had to upgrade on the final day to check into flights.

Not confusing anyone. Please look at the pic I posted. I just got off Glory on Saturday and checked in to 2 different airlines only paying $5 for the last day. I used the apps through my iPhone to do so. Here are the plans that I took screenshots of while onboard. You SHOULD be able to access the most common airlines' sites with just the Social media plan.

f3ec57f3fce293bcbe18153d686c9594.jpgb4df552b3b60660d0ee840915356089f.jpg5f0d9d95dd0a8c7889e762038f5c18f4.jpg

Not confusing anyone. Please look at the pic I posted. I just got off Glory on Saturday and checked in to 2 different airlines only paying $5 for the last day. I used the apps through my iPhone to do so. Here are the plans that I took screenshots of while onboard. You SHOULD be able to access the most common airlines' sites with just the Social media plan.

Thanks. I edited my post. This has not been my experience the two times I have used the social media package. Maybe I'll have better luck in February!

I think the airline websites were not in the original social media package and that's why it didn't work for me. I have a pic of the flyer that someone posted on my FB page from my May cruise on the Breeze and airline websites were not listed as being included.

The text above also doesn't clarify which airline sites are available via the social option. Just the "most popular".

• 3 weeks later...

Just returned from the Glory and I bought the Social Package for $5.00 on the last sea day to log onto SW to get my boarding passes. I logged on at 11:45 to get boarding passes at noon. It took a few minutes to load. I was on an waiting within 5-7 minutes. When your boarding passes show up don't click on the print button in the top right corner (it did not work for me) instead, right click and they printed right away.

Just returned from the Glory and I bought the Social Package for $5.00 on the last sea day to log onto SW to get my boarding passes. I logged on at 11:45 to get boarding passes at noon. It took a few minutes to load. I was on an waiting within 5-7 minutes. When your boarding passes show up don't click on the print button in the top right corner (it did not work for me) instead, right click and they printed right away.

Glad to know it worked well with the computer! How was my favorite ship? Did you have a good cruise?

Glad to know it worked well with the computer! How was my favorite ship? Did you have a good cruise?

Yes, we did have a good cruise. We were also on her for Christmas 2013. She is in need of some TLC though.